JSI 1/18 Scale F-14 Tomcat Announced

The promotional pics of the Jolly Rogers edition looked great BTW, but the final products were examples of POS workmanship, quality control, awful ethics. The IRIAF "Persian 'Cat" looks intriguing, but doesn't mean s**t until they show production versions, especially from those brave enough to buy them.

Edited by Warmaker

I agree. I'm skeptical until I see production pics. I'd always wanted a 1/18 F-14 and was so excited when I heard JSI was making one. I was set on buying a Jolly Rogers version until I saw...the leopard. I was so disappointed, I never did buy one. It was even more disappointing than the MPC valks (though I did buy some of those)... <_<

Hopefully, they've been able to learn from their mistake.

• 3 months later...

JSI F-14A Black Knights Bombcat SDCC 2010 Exclusive

I wonder how well this one is going to sell. Not a fan of the lighting at all. RED TCS does not make sense. Would have preferred if the lighting were relegated to the stabilizers and wings, maybe the nose for the 2 lines under the modex numbers.

Light up engines on an expensive adult collector's Tomcat is akin to a wired remote control Tomcat made for children. I dig the lack of spots and the new weapons and associated pylons.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

It's 100x more accurate than previous releases though. (and that scheme is a personal favorite of mine---I think it's almost a squadron taboo to put the actual black knight on the tail---that anniversary scheme is the only instance I know of it) (SD knights or Tomcat knights on the tail don't count, that's not the squadron icon)

You can't use both GBU-24s with the parts they give you though--they only give you the 2 forward Phoenix pallets it seems--but GBU-24's do NOT go side-by-side---they are mounted diagonally, always--and that means you need front and rear pallets.

I like this new scheme, too bad I don;t have the funds get one, or even attend Comicon this year. What I really want though is that SU-30, I have some funds hidden away just for that if it ever comes out.

Edited by Knight26