Sheryl VS Ranka

mariesz

No, just no. We went through this garbage for enough months while the show aired. We don't need it now. One can draw a consensus in the other Frontier threads. Leave stupid shipping stuff to the experts on Asuki and other menial forums. Please? Sorry, not trying to be rude, but threads like this serve no purpose outside of citing painful and pointless debates based entirely on opinion.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

"I think Alto should be with X because I like X more than Y." Usually with, "and you suck if you disagree. Y is a terrible character." ^_^http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shipping_(fandom)

Don't forget the extreme cases of "Die for our ship". I've literally seen people wish Ranka dead so Sheryl and Alto becomes a given.

Besides, we've had how many polls on this?

It's not that I mind logical, thought out discussion, but thats the exception, not the rule. It usually degenerates into "Sheryl's so Sexy", "Ranka's cuter", "Ranka's a Moeblob", "Well Sheryl's a ..." You get the picture.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Don't forget the extreme cases of "Die for our ship". I've literally seen people wish Ranka dead so Sheryl and Alto becomes a given

That's because people can't get beyond the notion of a monogomous sexual relationship between one man and one woman and see the benefits of a threesome, which is the moral of Macross Frontier.

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

That's because people can't get beyond the notion of a homogenous sexual relationship between one man and one woman and see the benefits of a threesome, which is the moral of Macross Frontier.

Pete

Okay, that quote just made my day. :lol:

Though sadly it's more that some people just don't worship the ground Sheryl walks on like apparently everyone else does, or on the flipside, thinks Ranka is all that cute.

it's more that some people just don't worship the ground Sheryl walks on like apparently everyone else does

You mean people like Alto?

'Cause - you know - the one guy Sheryl actually loves ISN'T a Sheryl fanboy.

There's a lesson to be learned there ;)

Pete

"I think Alto should be with X because I like X more than Y." Usually with, "and you suck if you disagree. Y is a terrible character." ^_^

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No, YOU suck! Y is SO MUCH better than X. If you knew anything about adult relationships AT ALL, you would agree. And if you don't know anything about adult relationships, why am I having this conversation?

Trust me, X sucks so badly, there's no way the director will let her win. You don't know the director like I do. He's sure to pick Y.

And if, on the off chance he doesn't, I'll bitch and moan about it and say I got trolled and rickrolled and I'll start talking about how the director never had a girlfriend so he doesn't know what love is, and how much he tried to ruin his own show, and how I hope he dies before the movie version is finished so that he can't wreck that, too.

But none of that will happen, because if you knew ANYTHING about ANYTHING, you'd know that Y is better.

The end.

(Oh wait, I wasn't QUITE condescending enough...)

I can't believe you like X. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(There. All done now. Feel your blood pressure rise.)