Raise your hand

Roy Focker

I liked Macross Frontier. It was a long time since I watched a Macross series without skipping episodes or sequences.

The animation is superb. The story gets better on the last episodes and the final episode was great.

I did not like the main characters though: Sheryl, Alto and Ranka. They could have been more appealing. Ranka was the worst, too childish, she should have been more mature (18 years old).

The songs were also not good enough. I liked the first opening and some other song, the rest have to watch the anime again or buy the cd to get used to.

The valkyries are good enough but as someone said, the faces look like insects on the Alto and Osma. Would have been better using human like faces similar to the Basara VF-19.

Enemies (Vajra) were good opponents to humans, just like Starship Trooper. The Vajra was almost identical to the Legion Kaiyu in Gamera 2: http://www.konami.jp/th/candy/gamera/legion.html

I will watch it again but not all the episodes, waiting for the movie to be better.