Gamecube Gundam Game

The first pics from Famitsu of the upcoming Gundam game for the Gamecube are out. Check them out here:

http://www.geocities.co.jp/AnimeComic-Brus...415/japeg03.htm

Looks like the normal Gundam 3D game, but supposedly there's going to be more strategy involved. Personally... I'd rather just have the upcoming AEUG vs. Titans, which I'm buying a PS2 for.

The first pics from Famitsu of the upcoming Gundam game for the Gamecube are out. Check them out here:

Looks like the normal Gundam 3D game, but supposedly there's going to be more strategy involved. Personally... I'd rather just have the upcoming AEUG vs. Titans, which I'm buying a PS2 for.

The good news about this game is that it stands a chance of a US release... Nintendo Power has had it listed for a US release for a while now.

Can't get enough of the One Year War. B))

The good news about this game is that it stands a chance of a US release... Nintendo Power has had it listed for a US release for a while now.

Seriously? Thats great.

No PS2 means no english Gundam games for me, and getting one won't help much either since I'm probably just going to get a Japanese ps2.

Eh... I'm tired of the One Year War. Don't get me wrong, First Gundam is one of my all-time favorite shows. But 90% of the Gundam games out there are One Year War, 85% of those sucked, and even the ones that didn't (Federation Vs. Zeon) don't have enough bitchin' mobile suits.

I'm with yellowlightman... I want AEUG vs. Titans. IMHO, Zeta Gundam has some of the best mobile suits, and was probably the only Gundam series that was better than the original. And while Federation vs. Zeon had its flaws, even if they don't improve the engine for AEUG vs. Titans, it's still good enough that I know I'll enjoy it.

Besides, I heard Quebeley is going to be in it.

I'm with yellowlightman... I want AEUG vs. Titans. IMHO, Zeta Gundam has some of the best mobile suits, and was probably the only Gundam series that was better than the original. And while Federation vs. Zeon had its flaws, even if they don't improve the engine for AEUG vs. Titans, it's still good enough that I know I'll enjoy it.

I already have my arcade stick ready for it... Just need to buy the PS2, which I probably will do this summer in Japan.

The only Gundam games I've really enjoyed are Federation vs. Zion (dreamcast) and Giren's Greed (psone). I have others, but none are that great. I personally can't wait to actually play somebody in AEUG vs. Titans, the lack of two player in the DC version really sucked.

I'll definately consider picking up this Gamecube game though, especially if it's gonna get released here. The english would definately help with whatever "tactical" elements they're putting in.

Welcome to my boat, Lightman ^_^ I bought a Japanese PS2 for Gundam games also (but I bought mine a few years back, when only the G-Saviour game was aound, which kicks ass. You can probably pick it up for like $20 now.) and have been thoroughly enjoying it ^_^ I have Titans vs AEUG on preorder at www.ncsx.com, as they let you preorder things by just emailing them the games name. I also left a note to get me n LE if one does exsist on the game :)

Anyways, about this Gamecube game, I heard that it was going ot be exactly like Zeonic Front and SRW Scramble Commander, which saddened me, as I loathed Zeonic Front and will not buy Scramble Commander because it plays the same way, but from these pictures it looks like I still get some fast pace action going. Maybe it will be the teams like in Lost War Chronicals, where you merely just decide the postions of your units, or maybe, even better, use the team elements found in 0079 Gaiden where you had a decent amount of power over your team, like send them out to destroy targets and such.

And are mods to make an Americn Gamecube play Japanese games exsistant? I don't want to buy a Japanese Gamecube, though if worse comes to worse I can pick up that Char one...

Welcome to my boat, Lightman ^_^ I bought a Japanese PS2 for Gundam games also (but I bought mine a few years back, when only the G-Saviour game was aound, which kicks ass. You can probably pick it up for like $20 now.) and have been thoroughly enjoying it ^_^ I have Titans vs AEUG on preorder at www.ncsx.com, as they let you preorder things by just emailing them the games name. I also left a note to get me n LE if one does exsist on the game :)

Anyways, about this Gamecube game, I heard that it was going ot be exactly like Zeonic Front and SRW Scramble Commander, which saddened me, as I loathed Zeonic Front and will not buy Scramble Commander because it plays the same way, but from these pictures it looks like I still get some fast pace action going. Maybe it will be the teams like in Lost War Chronicals, where you merely just decide the postions of your units, or maybe, even better, use the team elements found in 0079 Gaiden where you had a decent amount of power over your team, like send them out to destroy targets and such.

And are mods to make an Americn Gamecube play Japanese games exsistant? I don't want to buy a Japanese Gamecube, though if worse comes to worse I can pick up that Char one...

The prices for Japanese PS2s just dropped, and by summer I should be able to find AEUG vs Titans used, so with no shipping costs it should be a good deal. I feel the only PS2 games I want are in Japanese anyways... so I might as well save myself the hastle of swap discs. Besides, I have enough friends with American PS2s that I can borrow if I really need to play something.

I read the "tactical" aspects of the game involved ordering around teammates, so I think it's gonna be like 0079 Gaiden in that respect.

As for mods there's a swap disc called the Freeloader, about $20 at NCSx.

I don't know why you guys are so worried about AUEG Vs Titans not making it over to the US, specially considering it would be perfect to be released along side the Zeta Gundam box set next year. :huh:

The GC is the easiest system to mod. You can buy modded GCs are ncsx.com. They pretty much put a switch on the GC and each "mode" is a different region. Just a warning.... when you play japanese games, the games will automatically format your memory card... so be sure to have a spare memory card for games.

The GC game is stupposed to be a simplyfied action game. The only real strategy aspect of the game is that each pilot will have a set abilities.

The game will focus highly on mech-based, action-oriented battles, surrounded by a story dealing with soldiers fighting a year long war. Controls for the fighting will be kept simple, but the game will also require considerations for strategy and changeable skills, adding to the complexity.

quoted from igns short preview article. A similar article was done at gamespot.

Can I send a Gamecube to NCSX and they can mod it, or do they only sell modded Gamecubes? A switch to change regions sounds awesome :)

People need to quit GC-hating. It's pointless. One thing you should know that's good about Nintendo is that they design their stuff kid-proof, so it's extra durable. With all this stuff I hear about PS2s breaking down, I'm still wondering how I'm going to get the new Macross game on it.

About Gundam games, I'm not crazy about the line, but are there any of them that a mech-loving flight sim guy like myself shouldn't ignore? Manly something that I would just love to play?

People need to quit GC-hating. It's pointless. One thing you should know that's good about Nintendo is that they design their stuff kid-proof, so it's extra durable. With all this stuff I hear about PS2s breaking down, I'm still wondering how I'm going to get the new Macross game on it.

About Gundam games, I'm not crazy about the line, but are there any of them that a mech-loving flight sim guy like myself shouldn't ignore? Manly something that I would just love to play?

Er... who was GC hating?

None of the Gundam games are very good mecha sims I think, although Federation vs. Zeon is a fun arcade game with mecha, that you'd probably enjoy.

People need to quit GC-hating.  It's pointless.  One thing you should know that's good about Nintendo is that they design their stuff kid-proof, so it's extra durable.  With all this stuff I hear about PS2s breaking down, I'm still wondering how I'm going to get the new Macross game on it.

About Gundam games, I'm not crazy about the line, but are there any of them that a mech-loving flight sim guy like myself shouldn't ignore?  Manly something that I would just love to play?

Er... who was GC hating?

None of the Gundam games are very good mecha sims I think, although Federation vs. Zeon is a fun arcade game with mecha, that you'd probably enjoy.

Eh, I might be, but I don't go around advertising it. I haven't decided. I mean, it has some games that I really love, like Megaman Transmission and Sonic Adventure. My problem is that I haven't really cared for Nintendo's first party stuff since the SNES. I guess I just like my Mario and my Zelda in 2D (just like my Megaman, Capcom! So knock it off!). And once you take away the first party stuff, the GC's library is pretty slim pickings compared to the PS2's. As for multi-platform games, I usually go for the Xbox version, since the Xbox has the hard drive and Dolby Digital support. So while I have probably about 20 PS2 games and 15 Xbox games, I only have seven GC games... and I'll probably trade-in Viewtiful Joe after I beat it (I consider the games I currently own on the PS2 and Xbox to be keepers).

$20 for the Freeloader? Rip off. It's $9.99 at Gamestop, and you can just go into the store and buy it, and save the hassle of ordering it from the net. On a side note, the GC version of Action Replay has the Freeloader software included, and that runs around $40. Now if only I could find a Gamecube game that I actually would want to import...

I just want to point out that the only console that I've ever owned that ever broke or quit working was my original NES. When I first bought a PlayStation (old one, when they still had a parallel I/O on the back), it was defective and I had to take it back. But only my old NES worked, and then broke/quit working.

I've had a PS2 since the day they came out, and I never had a problem with it.

Same here, I had 2 PS1s and both were modded. The modding caused the head unit's motor to act a bit weird sometimes but for the most part it remained functional ever since I bought them. My PS2 never had any problems and it's one of the earlier generation model. The SNES however had problems since day one, sometimes a cart won't load at all, sometimes there'd be problems with the A/V out.