appleseed LANDMATES

novaflo

love the landmate designs..yet there seem to be few options out there..

i thought there were some sick resin kits out there...but toys?

ANY ifo would be awsome..thanks in advance! B))

There's one kit where if you buy all the separate Appleseed characers, you get pieces to assemble a landmate.

yeah, from exmechina.. it's all ive seen recently..

i used get a catalog(before the internet)hobbysomthingorother ahhhh newtype hobbies.

..anyway there were these 2-300$ landmate kits that were really quite sick if i remember..

suprized some legit toys have not been produced :unsure:

yeah, from exmechina.. it's all ive seen recently..

i used get a catalog(before the internet)hobbysomthingorother ahhhh newtype hobbies.

..anyway there were these 2-300$ landmate kits that were really quite sick if i remember..

suprized some legit toys have not been produced :unsure:

I know I saw one somewhere on here in someone's pics of their toy collection, but can't find it now.

Hot Toys (who normally make 1/6 figures) made a set of blind-boxed Appleseed small-scale trading figs from ExMachina, which if you got a full set included parts to "build your own" Landmate. It's a pretty awesome figure, though it kind of sucks that you have to pay $130 and buy doubles of a bunch of figures your probably don't want to get it.

Landmate.jpg

FYI Big Bad toy Store still has the full sets available.

The little figures are actually really awesome too. Again, just kind of sucks that you have to end up with doubles of them all.

Appleseed1.jpg

AppleSnaps.jpg

Edited by QuinJester

what a f$%#%kin scam...

**you mean,... if you buy the complete set of figs it won't nessesarly have all the componets of the landmate??

- how could you ever be certain you'd get all the components.???

-could one (statisically speaking)have to but 3 or 4 of each to get the RIGHT parts in order to complete landmate???

shchhshhchheeeezz..keep the landmate :angry:

Edited by novaflo

I'm not really into that version of the Landmate. I'm still wating for the manga version... Book 3 and the Bri powersuit to match with Deunan's Guges...

im with you,..the exmachina cop version is o.k. on screen..but i'd love to see some toys for this manga!!

hopefully you wont have to buy 50 figs to get a single landmate...

>>>thats b#lsht!, and i wont buy from a company that plays shhty games like that <_< ...

im with you,..the exmachina cop version is o.k. on screen..but i'd love to see some toys for this manga!!

hopefully you wont have to buy 50 figs to get a single landmate...

>>>thats b#lsht!, and i wont buy from a company that plays shhty games like that <_< ...

I was annoyed too, when i bought a set of 5 figures, only to find out you don't get all the parts for the landmate :angry:

But i found out later in the Hot Toys website that if you buy a full case of 10 figures, your guaranteed to get all the parts of the land mate. :wacko:

I was annoyed too, when i bought a set of 5 figures, only to find out you don't get all the parts for the landmate :angry:

But i found out later in the Hot Toys website that if you buy a full case of 10 figures, your guaranteed to get all the parts of the land mate. :wacko:

that landmate looks way too...shiny..is that really what they look like in the newer anime? I`m a huge fan of the first 2 comic book volumes but that kit doesn`t feel like a landmate to me.

Edited by MilSpex

that is BS... why even sell it seperately if you have to buy the entire case anyway?

Ex Machina looked way too ever designed... Even the beloved half sphere buildings were way too over the top. Plus the action was too John Woo ballet inspired. I've always seen Deunan and the ESWAT as the take'em down as fast as you can types... like the in manga.

I encourage you to search for this kit at auctions. While not from Appleseed, it is IMO the best early Shirow Landmate in kit form.

Original kit is "Soft Wired" from Papermoon, some recasts are out there.

post-1187-1237633705_thumb.jpg

now you talking! i gonna see if i can look up newtype in san fan...they really had some tight landmate garage kits..

BUT,, i'm still shocked a decent toy of a landmate doe'snt exist(on it's own)..if john woo has touched it ..IT's MAINSTREAM so why no decent toyyYYY????aragrhrhhhhghh :wacko:

Actually there were two Landmates planned by Yamato a while back based on the first Appleseed CG movie... I was looking for the pic in my harddrive but can't find it. It was at the 2004 San Diego Comic Con. Never materialized though.

Man, so much Hot Toys hate :p I give them major kudos just for even putting out a landmate action figure, even if it's a BAF that you have to buy a case of 10 figures for (which also have some damn nice details, btw). We should have gotten some Landmate love years ago, but it's nothing but GitS Tachikomas and a couple arm suits out there.

Anyhoo, I posted these Guges-D resin kit links in the 'Shirow Guges Land Mate Kit' thread as well, but i'll repost them here.

http://www.e2046.com/product_info.php?products_id=9024

The sculptor's home page. More pics can be found in the "kousaku beya" section - http://homepage1.nifty.com/musuke/

post-1073-1237637450_thumb.jpg

post-1073-1237637495_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mellow Yellow

Man, so much Hot Toys hate :p I give them major kudos just for even putting out a landmate action figure, even if it's a BAF that you have to buy a case of 10 figures for (which also have some damn nice details, btw). We should have gotten some Landmate love years ago, but it's nothing but GitS Tachikomas and a couple arm suits out there.

Anyhoo, I posted these Guges-D resin kit links in the 'Shirow Guges Land Mate Kit' thread as well, but i'll repost them here.

http://www.e2046.com/product_info.php?products_id=9024

The sculptor's home page. More pics can be found in the "kousaku beya" section - http://homepage1.nifty.com/musuke/

I love Hot Toys! I'm still waiting for my IronMan MK III

Thanks for linking that.... I remember that kit, I didnt realize that he was the same guy that built the tachikomas. That gu is insane. It looks like he's using revoltech joints for the Guges and Heavy Armed Bri... So jealous.

I found one of the pics from the Yamato Display...

gallery_151_312_17581.jpg

for me; make it a....soft wired!

http://users.skynet.be/wackotaku/modelkits...d/softwired.htm

by the way whatthef&ckisthis????????

http://www.e2046.com/product_info.php?products_id=1365

boing!!! it's a bit futurized and dont like the head,

but this is the paper moon, same co.as the softwired kit above!..the guts are AMAZING... i hope they crank out some of the classic guges ect...dang ;)

Edited by novaflo