Various Macross Frontier Stuff

Vinnie

This post is my first in this forum. Okay, the second maybe as I asked a question previously, but the first as a Macross Toy owner. Today I went to Akihabara and I was like a kid in a candy store. Disney world and other theme parks have kind of lost their thrill after flying the Blackhawk, but if anywhere in the world could be an amusement park for me, this was it. There was so much cool stuff, but as for the relevant materials:

-I am now the proud owner of a DX VF-25S. I wanted to get the Alto version, but the only one I saw was for something like 19800 yen. F that.

-So much Mac F Gashapon. I've got 4 out of 6 in one series. I'll head back for the other two. Also got this weird Alto sound maker cell phone bling thing.

-Saw cards, cookies, binders (for 2980 yen...um no,) and all order of model kits including some OOP stuff.

-Origin of Valkyrie toys are 20% off almost everywhere as well as some older Yamatos.

-RC cars with macross Decals? WTF? Althoguh if Subaru did a Ranka eddition WRX like this, I might consider trading in my Legacy GT (Okay, probably not, I wouldn't be caught dead driving that thing in the US, but it spoke to the Otaku in me.)

-Almost bought the 1/100 partsformer, but decided against it since I had the DX

-Macross Frontier playing on TVs in Yodabashi-Akiba and some of the singles in Various stores

-As an aside, I picked up the Ranka/Bobby single with SMS Chant and Watashi no kare wa pilot at the FMV in Hokkaido, not sure how much that will be in my playlist, but the stickers were great!

Um, not entirely coherent at the moment since the evening ended with Karaoke but yeah. Attached pictures. Not sure if there's any scoop in here, but I did want to share my excitment and the experience of my age being halved for a few hours with the MW community.

Oh, and maid cafe...what a unique experience beyond words. As wrong as my brain told me it was (something about exploitation that would make Hooters blush,) I loved every minute of it. Not sure if my picture with Miruku (Milk?) or my new VF-25S is my favorite memento from that trip.

Edit: Deleted scale on the DX, didn't realize it was a 1/60.

post-839-1237306426_thumb.jpg

post-839-1237306438_thumb.jpg

post-839-1237306444_thumb.jpg

post-839-1237306452_thumb.jpg

post-839-1237306461_thumb.jpg

post-839-1237306469_thumb.jpg

post-839-1237306478_thumb.jpg

post-839-1237306486_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vinnie

God maid cafe's. I remember my ex did one 2 years ago, I had to buy her a cute lil maid outfit, and I had to tip the hostess all Gene Simmons style and got like 3 or 4 maids including my ex to serve me and another guy who I dragged with me to fill the table.

Aw, good times.

But good finds yo, like I said before, you got a steal deal on the Ozma DX. And yummy super packs, I can't wait to get 'em.

Hecks yes! I was a semi-finalist. I didn't get on stage, but I was in the final 6 or 7 guys. Not sure what the winner got, but it wasn't anywhere near as good as the guy celebrating his birthday.