Arii 15th Anniversary Kits - character figures

sidearmsalpha

Hey all,

I just received a couple of the Zentradi battleship kits that were reissued during the 15th anniversary by Arii. I noticed that they came with small, unpainted character figures. One kit came with a TV version Quamzin (Khyron) figure, and the other kit came with two figures (Hikaru and Max in their TV uniforms doing a salute). Anybody know if all the Arii kits released around this time came with character figures and how many other figures were made? The ones I have look pretty cool. Definitely worth painting and displaying.

Shawn has a pic of these in his collection area:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/collections/arii1.jpg

I think that is all of them. Eight in total.

I've heard that they don't take paint very well. They are pretty cool looking.

The figures you are talking about, are they the flesh coloured ones and still on the sprue? If so, I believe eight were issued and randomly packed in black bags and placed in the kits.

They are made out of a more rubber like plastic and do not bond well with paint, at least on my attempts many years back!

I think that is all of them. Eight in total.
Eight? Aww, I'm missing Max and Hikaru, and is that other one Roy? :(

They are made out of a more rubber like plastic and do not bond well with paint, at least on my attempts many years back!

Do you remember what paint you used on them? I'm thinking of trying enamels, but they do look a bit non-stick to me ...