For the BGC and MZ 23 fans

Just found this in one of the old Bubblegum Crisis RPG books.

Basically, it's a cross between a Bubblegum Crisis Motoslave and a Megazone 23 Garland, by way of Priss' Highway Star from the original BGC.

Shinji Aramaki inbreeding? LOL

Anyway, I think it's kind of cool.

post-7028-1236029781_thumb.jpg

post-7028-1236029807_thumb.jpg

That there is a sexy machine.

Yeah, looks pretty cool.

Eh, if I want to see something out of of MZ23, it would be the Garland, EVE's songs are a classic yes, but Kumi Miyasato already retired from singing so whatever, I didn't enjoy the MZ23 part III's songs much.

The "Highway Star", I watched episode 4 over and over again just to hear Priss say "GO!!" and open the throttle on that bike!!! Wish they would make a 1/60 of that item!!! The sketch above looks just as cool!!!

I agree, would love to see something made of this. As much as I like Yamato, I suspect if anything were to ever get made of it, it would be Aterlier Sai doing it in vinyl, so it wouldn't transform.

I know it's from an RPG, so basically is a fan creation, but still think it is very cool, and combines two anime that I really love.

I know it's from an RPG, so basically is a fan creation, but still think it is very cool, and combines two anime that I really love.

The artwork in the EX book was all from actual ARTMIC designs. Either pre-production or unused designs, or official stuff that was used in art books but never use in the actual animation.

The artwork in the EX book was all from actual ARTMIC designs. Either pre-production or unused designs, or official stuff that was used in art books but never use in the actual animation.

Really? I didn't know that. I'm actually a little surprised to hear it. Some of it definitely looked professional, some of it looked a bit amateurish, and then this one looked very professional, but a little too close to Megazone (also an Artmic creation) for me to think it was an original design.

I know the stuff in the Robotech RPG was definitely fan made, though I suspect professional artist fans.

If that was an unused Artmic design, well, that just makes it that much cooler.

When you have Shinji Aramaki doing all of your transforming robocycle designs, it's not a shock they like kind of samey. Mospeada, Garland, Motoslave, it's all hiiiim.

Oh, I know, and that's also why I think they lend themselves nicely to mixing and matching of designs...

... and all look really nice on my shelf (well, the ones that have been made into toys, and that I've been able to afford anyway)!

I really LOVE that man's designs.

When you have Shinji Aramaki doing all of your transforming robocycle designs, it's not a shock they like kind of samey. Mospeada, Garland, Motoslave, it's all hiiiim.

Think someone can pull off a design combining Aramaki's designs on MOSPEADA, Bubblegum Crisis, Megazone 23, and Viper's Creed?

Other than ignoring the flying transforming speeder thing in Gall Force: Eternal Story, am I forgetting any transforming Aramaki bikes?

Really? I didn't know that. I'm actually a little surprised to hear it. Some of it definitely looked professional, some of it looked a bit amateurish, and then this one looked very professional, but a little too close to Megazone (also an Artmic creation) for me to think it was an original design.

Read the beginning of the book, they outline what the material comes from and they even have an icon system showing what each particular design is from.

Well, the original Garland was by Kakinuma, not Aramaki.

Other than ignoring the flying transforming speeder thing in Gall Force: Eternal Story, am I forgetting any transforming Aramaki bikes?

The transforming speeder bike was Kakinuma, too.

Read the beginning of the book, they outline what the material comes from and they even have an icon system showing what each particular design is from.

Well, the original Garland was by Kakinuma, not Aramaki.

The transforming speeder bike was Kakinuma, too.

I'll take a look at the beginning tomorrow. Thanks for the tip. Honestly, never played an RPG, so never really read the books. Borrowed a friend's Robotech one about 20 years ago to see the cool New Gen and Sentinels designs. Now I downloaded all the Robotech and Bubblegum Crisis ones, but just did so to see the designs of mecha in them.

I'm not familiar with Kakinuma. What else has he done?

I REALLY thought the Garland was Aramaki. You're sure it was Kakinuma? Did he work on MOSPEADA too?

Thanks.

And I still want Yamato to make a toy of this!!!

I'll take a look at the beginning tomorrow. Thanks for the tip. Honestly, never played an RPG, so never really read the books. Borrowed a friend's Robotech one about 20 years ago to see the cool New Gen and Sentinels designs. Now I downloaded all the Robotech and Bubblegum Crisis ones, but just did so to see the designs of mecha in them.

Well, the Bubblegum Crisis books are a pretty good source of actual art from the series. I think aside from one or two drawings, it's all ARTMIC artwork. A lot of the background in the EX book is just translated from various artbooks as well, again, the icon system the book uses will tell you what's official and whats been modified or written by them.

I'm not familiar with Kakinuma. What else has he done?

I REALLY thought the Garland was Aramaki. You're sure it was Kakinuma? Did he work on MOSPEADA too?

He did the Tread, Invid and ship designs in MOSPEADA, pretty much everything for Gall Force and a few things on BGC.

Well, the Bubblegum Crisis books are a pretty good source of actual art from the series. I think aside from one or two drawings, it's all ARTMIC artwork. A lot of the background in the EX book is just translated from various artbooks as well, again, the icon system the book uses will tell you what's official and whats been modified or written by them.

He did the Tread, Invid and ship designs in MOSPEADA, pretty much everything for Gall Force and a few things on BGC.

Thanks again. I'll check out those books more closely.

As for Kakinuma, ok, now I know who you're talking about. I can never remember his name, but I remember the story about him designing the TREAD.

I guess, since I know that Aramaki designed the MOSPEADA itself, I just assumed he did the transformable motorcycles in those other shows too, and not Kakinuma.

Aramaki and Kakinuma worked together on all the mecha on Mospeada. With the Legioss and the Mospeada, Aramaki did roughs and Kakinuma cleaned them up. With the Tread and Inbit, Kakinuma did roughs and Aramaki cleaned them up.

Gotcha. A little different from what I had heard, since I seem to remember in an interview Aramaki saying that he came in one morning and the TREAD was sitting there ready and designed, based on the toy company's requests. Not that those details matter.

Gotcha. A little different from what I had heard, since I seem to remember in an interview Aramaki saying that he came in one morning and the TREAD was sitting there ready and designed, based on the toy company's requests. Not that those details matter.

Well, the interview from the Mospeada DVDs says the toy company demanded more spaceships and they just tossed a "rocket booster" on the Legioss or something to that effect.

Well, the interview from the Mospeada DVDs says the toy company demanded more spaceships and they just tossed a "rocket booster" on the Legioss or something to that effect.

Same situation I'm referring to. I just meant that Aramaki dismissed the TREAD as not just something that the toy company made them add, but made a point out of the fact that he had nothing to do with it.

Personally, I think the show would have been better as originally envisioned, with just the bikes riding across the continent, finding weapons and other vehicles as they went, then using them until they ran out of fuel.

On the other hand, if you're going to have planes, then Legioss and TREAD are a fantastic way to go.

http://web.archive.org/web/20041228163415/...icinterview.txt

Aramaki: But I wish we made only the motorbike. At the beginning, we thought we could do it with only the bike. The producer wanted an "attractive plan" rather than the sponsor's order to push it commercially. At that time, it was our first program and I thought, "That's the way it is," and followed his idea.

Kakinuma: "An airplane is not enough. Let's put a booster. Let's make the booster transform..." Like that, we had no idea what we were doing.

-Did each of you have your own role in the mecha design?

Aramaki: I did the bike as I had started. [sic] But I drew Legioss and Mr. Kakinuma traced it. We had give and take. It was quite vague. Mr. Kakinuma made most of the enemy mecha, but both of us drew the set-up of each episode together. If I left my rough drawings, Mr. Kakinuma traced them, something like that.

http://web.archive.org/web/20041228163415/...icinterview.txt

Aramaki: But I wish we made only the motorbike. At the beginning, we thought we could do it with only the bike. The producer wanted an "attractive plan" rather than the sponsor's order to push it commercially. At that time, it was our first program and I thought, "That's the way it is," and followed his idea.

Kakinuma: "An airplane is not enough. Let's put a booster. Let's make the booster transform..." Like that, we had no idea what we were doing.

-Did each of you have your own role in the mecha design?

Aramaki: I did the bike as I had started. [sic] But I drew Legioss and Mr. Kakinuma traced it. We had give and take. It was quite vague. Mr. Kakinuma made most of the enemy mecha, but both of us drew the set-up of each episode together. If I left my rough drawings, Mr. Kakinuma traced them, something like that.

I'd read that before, but forgot about it.

I know I read somewhere about Aramaki coming in one morning, and the design of the TREAD was just sitting there all done by Kakinuma, but can't remember where. Maybe in the booklet that came with the ADV boxed set?