Bandai 1/72 Macross model kits and future releases

Guest sh002

The 1/72 Macross Frontier kits are pretty cool, super poseable, snap fit, made of nice quality plastic, and transformable. After every mech and valkyrie is released through this line, I'm wondering if Bandai will release anything from other series.

I would love to see new 1/72 snap fit kits of these from other series:

non transformable Valkyrie Battroids

non transformable Valkyrie Fighters

Regult

Glaug

Q-Rau

Power Armour

Zentraedi

Destroids

transformable Valkyries from Macross, DYRL, Macross Plus, Macross II, Macross VF-X2, Macross M3, and Macross Zero

well technically the old models are releases of imai's old kit. just like the 1/55 toys are originally takatokus. please use the 1/100 vf-19's and vf-2ss and all gundam models by bandai for comparison.

Edited by sh002

plus the fact that 1/100 toys from different series will be released shows they want to expand. maybe model kits as well in the future.

Edited by sh002

One thing that is important to consider is that not just any company holds the rights to make and distribute any given model/toy. Some companies hold the rights until they exhaust their creation making it for other companies hard to compete or bring new item in the market.

Also it has to be considered that new generations which now outlast old generations in economic power might not care about old products from an Anime they might not relate to. So companies do not want to take a risk bringing old models back specially with new tooling and just concentrate in new characters instead...

Also it has to be considered that new generations which now outlast old generations in economic power might not care about old products from an Anime they might not relate to. So companies do not want to take a risk bringing old models back specially with new tooling and just concentrate in new characters instead...

However, it can also be argued that the new generation is the Macross generation. Or as they say in Japan, "the Gundam generation". What I mean is, the 80's kids that watched Gundam and Macross on TV are now reaching the age where they are reaching positions of power. It's not a coincidence that we're seeing a revival of lot of classics lately.

Besides, Bandai has had no problems rehashing the RX-78 Gundam and other UC era mobile suits time after time. All they need is some kind of gimmick (game tie-in, media release, anniversary, etc) to bring back the old designs. Heck, just having Alto spin a VF-1 for a few seconds in the upcoming Frontier movie will be a good enough excuse to pump out an all new VF-1 kit.

It's potentially possible that Bandai could start a new line of "Valkyrie Grade" :) model kits. But the big issue currently is the general economic outlook. With the world economy heading south, I don't know if Bandai would consider spending time and resources on an all new product line.

Edited by Vifam7

• 2 weeks later...

hopefully if bandai ever releases a newer version 1/72 snap fit regult, glaug, power armor, or qrau, it won't be super rare and expensive compared to what is available now.

Why the hell would they make a new non-transformable 1/72 valk kits? We already have perfection on that front from Hasegawa! I seriously doubt Bandai could beat them in that arena. Now new VARIABLE, non chunky 1/72 valks similar to the frontier kits in quality, assembly and detail, that would interest me a great deal. I'm with you on the enemy mecha stuff though.

that wishlist is general to also cover anything that hasn't yet been released from a model company. plus these would interest people who don't want to use cement or paint but add a few details making them easier for the typical model builder and still workable for a pro.

I have a hasegawa vf-0s and wave vf-17s battroid that I would want to build and display next to my vf-25f and s and other 1/72 Valkyries. if they were completely colored and snap fit and made by bandai they would have been finished by now and ready to display.

Edited by sh002