Busou Shinki

RavenHawk

I have a few busou shinki figures. They are very cool designs but really difficult to get together, pose and stay together. Once I get the pose I like I leave it forever as the figures explode when you breath on them. But they are very cool and I am glad that I got the ones I did get. I have stopped collecting them though as i am trying to narrow down my collecting. HLJ.com has them for decent prices and I actually got some from ebay vendors but of course always be careful on ebay. I think that tisinc99.com has some, or used to. hlj.com is one of my favorite vendors. Overdrive also has some over-drive-inc.com

I have a few busou shinki figures. They are very cool designs but really difficult to get together, pose and stay together. Once I get the pose I like I leave it forever as the figures explode when you breath on them. But they are very cool and I am glad that I got the ones I did get. I have stopped collecting them though as i am trying to narrow down my collecting. HLJ.com has them for decent prices and I actually got some from ebay vendors but of course always be careful on ebay. I think that tisinc99.com has some, or used to. hlj.com is one of my favorite vendors. Overdrive also has some over-drive-inc.com

Cool, I'll check those out. Thanks.

I have a couple. They're pretty cool, though theres usually a lot of parts and you might need a plastic organiser tray to keep hold of them. Some of the limbs use really, really tiny connecting rings that are easily lost, as are some other small parts. They can be a pain to pose - weak rubber hands are a bit of an annoyance for those sets with really big guns - but they're better in this respect than Micromen. Conversely, some parts "fix" really well, so be sure you want to insert a particular part because you might find yourself keeping it that way.

Also, beware some figures in blister packs - I bought a couple intending to use them as "spare" bodies and found that they had moulded parts that meant I couldn't use them for that purpose - and that some sets, like the Waffe Bunny, are accessory sets only and require a "base" body separately. Yes, all your cash are belong to Konami.

Having said all that, they tend to photo well and with some imagination can make great scenes! Plus, cute girls with guns! Whats not to like?!

940703484_613f60fa89.jpg

Edited by F-ZeroOne

Ok, I checked out the sites you mentioned (thanks again), but no luck finding the sets I'm looking for.

I really like that over-drive-inc.com site, but even looking at other series that I'm interested in, they seem to be sold out of everything I like.

Does somebody know the name of this unit and if it is released yet?

post-1187-1228782731_thumb.jpg

Those are the exact 2 units that I'm talking about.

So far I've only been able to find them on eBay. $190-200, once you add in shipping.

Which figure body is shown in this option kit?

http://www.hlj.com/product/KNM13188

I scrolled through all the HLJ figures and didn't see her and the page for that kit says it doesn't include a figure???

These things are really cool, but they are pricey. Like Amdriver but all female.

Oh, and I found those two figs you have shown above in their original colors. Sold out though, but it's more info none the less...

http://www.hlj.com/product/KNM13694

http://www.hlj.com/product/KNM13693

Edited by protostar8

Which figure body is shown in this option kit?

http://www.hlj.com/product/KNM13188

I scrolled through all the HLJ figures and didn't see her and the page for that kit says it doesn't include a figure???

These things are really cool, but they are pricey. Like Amdriver but all female.

Oh, and I found those two figs you have shown above in their original colors. Sold out though, but it's more info none the less...

http://www.hlj.com/product/KNM13694

http://www.hlj.com/product/KNM13693

That, as I understand it, is one of the add-on kits. So, you buy a generic figure, and then that kit include the weapons and armor for her, and a special head for her, which is why it doesn't include a figure, but doesn't match any figures as shown from any other kits either.

Those are the exact 2 units that I'm talking about.

So far I've only been able to find them on eBay. $190-200, once you add in shipping.

I saw these going for cheap at Singapore 3 weeks ago. If you have a sg friend you might want to ask them have a look for you. IIRC they were only 100 bucks for two. These white colors are the limited edition mail order exclusives btw. Retail versions are red and blue colors i think.

I saw these going for cheap at Singapore 3 weeks ago. If you have a sg friend you might want to ask them have a look for you. IIRC they were only 100 bucks for two. These white colors are the limited edition mail order exclusives btw. Retail versions are red and blue colors i think.

I have to admit, the white ones are much cooler, in my opinion.

Unfortunately, no friends in Singapore. The ones I saw for sale on eBay were from Singapore, Hong Kong, and I forget the third, maybe Japan... all three are around $140-$150, plus $45 or so for shipping.

That, as I understand it, is one of the add-on kits. So, you buy a generic figure, and then that kit include the weapons and armor for her, and a special head for her, which is why it doesn't include a figure, but doesn't match any figures as shown from any other kits either.

thanks for the clarification. I might have to get just that one. Don't know why, but I like it the most. The combining beetle ones are cool too though. I'm a sucker for a giant sword...

So do they actually sell generic figures or do I have to get a full figure w/ armor?

Neat little review site I just found. Reviews are in a foreign language though. But lots of pics...

http://www.fanmode.net/2007/10/09/busou-shinki-sets/

Edited by protostar8

As far as I'm aware, all the "standalone" bodies have only been available through Konamis web-site. It might be possible to obtain them through third parties - e-bay, celga, etc (I managed to get one as a "one-off" through a contact in Japan). Customs will no doubt be highly amused by the fact that the bodies are labelled "Naked" on the packaging... :)

As far as I'm aware, all the "standalone" bodies have only been available through Konamis web-site. It might be possible to obtain them through third parties - e-bay, celga, etc (I managed to get one as a "one-off" through a contact in Japan). Customs will no doubt be highly amused by the fact that the bodies are labelled "Naked" on the packaging... :)

Point taken. I'll probably just buy a armored fig if I end up getting that one...