Berttt's Monster Thread

Berttt

I am pretty sure these came with the kit. Does John use JT Graphics for his stuff? I'm not sure.

This will be the last update for the monster for a while. With the 1/48 Hasegawa Super/Strike VF-1 coming out soon I need to concentrate on finishing a few more bench queens.

0nd2.jpg

So I'll give the old girl's feet a rest and concentrate on finishing the scout and this VF-1A Cannon Fodder I have had sitting around for ever.

h53n.jpg

psb6.jpg

2nzs.jpg

As you can see it has collected more than it's fair share of dust since I last worked on it. I have also spent a bit of time cleaning my display cabinet of all the dust and crap that gets on everything, and repaired some kits that have been broken since my last move (a year ago) does anyone else have to do maintenance on their built kits? I ended up cleaning and repairing my Sulaco, Jigabachi, YF-19, SpiderBug, and StarFury. I still have to finish fixing the VF-1A Super, and clean a few other things.

I am also trying to bleach the yellow out of the decals on the scout, they have sat around too long without a clear coat on them, and I am hoping the old "fix the yellowed decals with sunlight" trick will work just as well once they are on a kit.

Cheers,

Brett

Well I'll be buggered! For anyone reading this and has the same problem, you can cure yelloed decals on the kit with sunlight. After three days on a northern windowsill all the yellow has been bleached out. The devals not facing the windiw are still yellowed.

Cheers,

Brett

Haha :-)

"She's the last of the VF Interceptors Max"

I don't think that there is an off the shelf color for CF brown. I used the gunze paints and mixing as per the instructions. Mind you I have only done it twice and gotten two different shades.

:lol: ...Thought you might like that one, being in OZ. I was lucky enough to import a '73 XB Fairmont coupe to Detroit in '03. You need a car like that here...white line nightmare. Not a Max replica, but close.

Oh nice work. I know plenty of American muscle gets imported down here but I haven't heard of too much going the other way. I believe they were marketed here as the "Aussie Mustang", and are fairly thin on the ground here nowadays.

The Valk kit is one of the original 1/72 Hasegawa VF-1A kits that I managed to snag for a princely sum of USD$7.00 along with 2 or three others back in '04. I have'nt seen that price before or since.

• 3 months later...

So I'll give the old girl's feet a rest and concentrate on finishing the scout and this VF-1A Cannon Fodder I have had sitting around for ever.

I registered here just to say how awesome your "Cannon Fodder" VF-1A is, that is some great work, I love Cannon Fodder units! May I ask which VF-1A kit you used? I'm just recently getting into Macross models so I have no idea about all of the different brands and scales. You mentioned your 1/72 kit was from Hasegawa, was it the VF-1 A/J/S kit that has the parts to make any of the configurations? I feel a bit over my head coming from Gunpla (mostly 1/144 kits), but I'm hoping to be able to churn out a somewhat respectable brown VF-1A!

Edited by Redmist