Custom 1/55 VF-1S project for the new year

mitch

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry that it’s been so long since I updated last, I haven’t had a lot of time to work on this much, but I have finished the clean-up on the hands, which means that I’ve just got to work on the wrists and forearms and the build will be done.

Here are some shots of a finished foot. They were primed with Testors and painted with Krylon, and after the same sealing as other finished pieces I ran a small amount of superglue around the base of the foot with a Q-tip to help prevent chipping:

FOOT04.jpg

FOOT05.jpg

I’ve also been making a block that will be housed inside the forearm:

FOREARM01.jpg

FOREARM02.jpg

FOREARM03.jpg

FOREARM04.jpg

The vertical tab that runs down the block’s centre serves a dual purpose; it secures the block, and also fills the slit along the bottom of the forearm that usually accommodates the slide-tab. For some reason I seem to remember there being horizontal lines in the recesses in the wrist while the Battroid is in Fighter Mode, but I’ve been through a few of the art books and DYRL, but everything I can find (with the exception of about 6 frames of the Super Ostrich) has the recesses as black, which saves me a bit of time. If anyone can point to some reference that does show ‘shutters’ in the wrist cavity then I’ll go with that. If not, then I was mistaken and I’ll just paint the blank fascias.

I’m afraid that’s it for this time. I’m not sure when I’ll be able to post again since I got laid off the other day, and right now I’ve got to worry about finding another job. Whatever happens I will get this custom finished, and I’ll post pictures as soon as it is. Thank you to everyone who has taken an interest up to this point, I look forward to showing you all the finished article in the future.