Yamato and its (be-you-tea-full) productions

mcpaz

Hi folks out there,

well, it's been some years now, but this is one of those "I'm afraid to make" questions, just not to let you know my [real] stupidity level in Yamato's knowledge (and it's been 8 years or so around, when macrossworld pages' background was still black!). Guess I just got out of the closet... :unsure:

Anyway, let's go onto the question: in all these past years, the (veryvery rough) process followed by our (beloved-to-the-bone:rolleyes:) Yamato staff is something like:

1. get the license for a series (macross, macross plus, macross zero, for example... damn you Bandai! Free Frontier!!) <_<
  2. R+D+tons of work :wacko:
  3. Prototypes (and photos!! photos!! and drool!! in eugimon's omega pants!!) :lol:
  4. First production run
  5. Re-use (and correct, if possible) molds ^_^
  6. Second production run <_<
  7. ...
  8. N production run :wacko:

This iterations have been a "milk the cow" process, particularly affordable with our 1/48's (N=10 or so!). :ph34r:

Keeping this in mind (yep, I'm getting close yet), what does exactly limit the number of runs, and the quantity of toys produced for each of those runs? :wacko:

And (the real question, which is killing my brain), why is so damn hard to find a yf-19 ver.2 with FAST packs? Even in eBay!!! Why, Yamato? Why do you do this to me? Why do you [finally] make my supa-dupa-preferred valk and make only two runs? Why couldn't I afford for two? Aaaarghhh!!! :blink:

Crap. :angry:

BTW (and off-topic), just got a Nora SV-51 on evil Bay, and thanks to you guys (and mw forums of course) I've fixed the floppiest hips ever found in a Yamato toy!! Happy!!

^_^ ^_^

[Yep, this happiness-sadness duality is also killing me. Doctor said schizo-whatsoever... do you think I shoud care?]

Thank you guys, see you around!

Meh re-issues will come, they are too busy getting the v.2s out of the factory at the moment.

The VF-0S Roy non ghost pack is coming out in the next month or so, and has already been pushed back 3 months,

just dont have the man power?

When that flood happened that held up the VF-1S v.2 Roys i reckon that stuffed a couple of releases up for us.

If there was no flood, we could have had the VF-1D v.2 by Christmas maybe, instead of Hikaru 1S (not complaining!).

Glad there is some light at the end of the tunnel that they are going to re-design the VF-1D's nose.

IF only they didn't f up with the squishy VF-1 canopy (being lazy to have the canopy look like it was ready made for a 2 seater)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

And (the real question, which is killing my brain), why is so damn hard to find a yf-19 ver.2 with FAST packs? Even in eBay!!! Why, Yamato? Why do you do this to me? Why do you [finally] make my supa-dupa-preferred valk and make only two runs? Why couldn't I afford for two? Aaaarghhh!!! :blink:

Unless Yamato hates money, they'll reissue the YF-19 w/Fast Packs in another year or two (or sooner). The YF-19 is still fairly popular and reissues are a cheap & easy way to make money; you can either wait it out or pay a premium the next time one shows up on e-bay or yahoo japan.

Unless Yamato hates money, they'll reissue the YF-19 w/Fast Packs in another year or two (or sooner). The YF-19 is still fairly popular and reissues are a cheap & easy way to make money; you can either wait it out or pay a premium the next time one shows up on e-bay or yahoo japan.

Well, I don't know if I can agree... Keep in mind, for example, the Q-Rau. It was released on february 2005, and it will be re-released next year. Yeah, well, the fact some cooool gal called Klan had one on Mac Frontier might have something to due with it...

And the vf-11b FAST packs ver., released on march 2003, didn't have a N>2 (keeping in mind N=1 was the hip-breaking-when-you-look-at-it).

I'm not so sure the YF-19 is going to have its N=4... (assuming N=3 is the 25th anniversary)

Regards,

Manu

I'm pretty much done with anything NOT SDF or DYRL... Everything else I bought that's from the sequels has been lackluster after I open the box. I'm so happy with the new 1/60s though. I'm really excited about getting the Destroids. Now I wish they would bring us enemy mechs and the Macross.

Well, I don't know if I can agree... Keep in mind, for example, the Q-Rau. It was released on february 2005, and it will be re-released next year.

And the vf-11b FAST packs ver., released on march 2003, didn't have a N>2 (keeping in mind N=1 was the hip-breaking-when-you-look-at-it).

That's why I used "fairly popular" as a qualifier. Both releases of the 1/60 YF-19 sold out pretty quickly, so I think it's safe to say that it's fairly popular. Both examples you cited, the 1/60 Q-Rau's and 1/72 VF-11B w/Fast Packs, were busts and languished on retailers shelves for a while and could easily be found a year later at 50% off. Yamato's not going to reissue a toy that sold poorly, but they will reissue one that sells out (just as long as it's not designated as a limited edition).

The 1/60 Q-rau probably received a reprieve since Frontier made extensive use of new Q-rau's.

Will they re-release the VB-6? Or does bandai got them all...?

IIRC Graham had mentioned that the licenses were granted in particular scales. Yamato used to have the 1/100 scale license for Zero and VFX2, with a 1/100 VF-0S prototype that they scrapped, and the 1/100 VB-6 Koenig Monster from Macross VFX2. A member of this forum asked if it was true that Bandai blocked Yamato from reissuing the VB-6 Koenig Monster.

Who knows? But Bandai does have that 1/100 scale line of partsforming valkyries that's coming out, which listed every animated Macross series released. Maybe they're considering releasing a partsforming VB-6 Koenig Monster of their own...

And the YF-19 is a beautiful bird that sold out fast. They're sure to do a reissue sometime. ;)