Orguss-2 region-1 dvd is out on retail now,

treatment

ok. let's try this again, since i posted it originally in the wrong forum. :ph34r:

Fyi.

The Orguss-2 six-episode dvd for region-1 area is now out on retail.

Normally, I wouldn't buy a Mangle dvd, but it was priced at $15.99 at Fry's for the complete 180-minutes series. Couldn't resist since it's really a good and dark mecha-series. ^_^

--treatment--

Does it have Japanese language with English subtitles?

I've been waiting to see that series in Japanese since I think around 1994-1995 when it was first released in the US (or was it 96-97?). I've only seen the dub, and I really want to see it with the original voices.

Does it have Japanese language with English subtitles?

I've been waiting to see that series in Japanese since I think around 1994-1995 when it was first released in the US (or was it 96-97?).  I've only seen the dub, and I really want to see it with the original voices.

Yes. It has Japanese-2.0 stereo with subs setting, along with the English-5.1 and English-2.0 setting. You can even turn off the subs completely since it's not hard-subs like Mangle's Macross-Plus movie-edition. ^_^

Fwiw the Japanese-cast sounds alot like the Macross-II Japanese-cast.

btw, I think at least two of the episodes have split op/ed themesongs, i.e. the English-dubs have the updated female-singer techno-versions, while a couple or three episodes in Japanese-dubs have the original sucky op/ed male-singer version. Ala Funimation's DBZ dvd's. It's the mid episodes (2-4/5) where it happens iirc. I keep flipping the audio-setting on my remote coz I really don't like the original male-version themesongs.

--treatment--