3 different Bandai 1/55 Valkyrie versions

Macross World Daddy

OOPS!!! I meant to say 1/55.......

I have seen the new Bandai 1/55 Origin of Valkyrie line start to come out.

What's the difference between this version and the re-release of the 1/60 chunkey monkeys in 2001..ish by Bandai?

There is also a Toynami license 1/60 version coming soon of the same thing. What's different between this version and the versions from above?

THis is all so confusing..........

Edited by Macross World Daddy

Here's a comparsion pic of the Takatoku Chunky VF-1J Hikaru next to the 2001 Bandai version:

Bandai%202001%206.jpg

I don't have an Origin of Valkyrie yet but eventually I should have a post similar to this one. From the looks of it the new Origin line is just a reissue of the 2001 versions with the exception of the Hikaru VF-1J now getting a heat shield.

Edited by jenius

So if I undersand this, the early 2000 Bandai version and the Origina of Valkyrie versions are identical except for the new heat shield?

If so, the Toynami and Bandai versions that are coming out this year are identical except for the packaging?

I thought I heard something about the Toynami version getting a new head sculpt........not so for Bandai Origin of Valkyrie version??

.......and will the Toynami version come with the heat shield as well?

Has Bandai or Toynami released news of previously un-released models aside from the infamous VT1 and VE1 versions that we have been hoping for since the 2000 version re-releases that never came out??

Edited by Macross World Daddy

The versions with the new heads will be Robotech versions, depending on how well the Bandai reissues do. There's no announcement what schemes they are coming out with, but so far the DYRL Max is a new scheme, but overall it's just a reissue with minor changes.

Check this video:

jump ahead to 5:06 to the Chunky Munky talk.