Seudo-customisation project

Aegis!

Hi lads , well it´s been a long time since I made a topic myself here in the toys section so I wanted to add some spice to all the bitching and whinning going on over the other thread(s). Actually I was going to make a comment about what I´m goint to explain later on on another thread but I realise it was too important (to me at least :lol: ) to let it be lost in the horde of post from the other thread.

well , all the Hikaru 1S debate as well as the 1/48 customs thread got me thinking about a nice Idea ; I have to say I fell in love with a Roy 1A custom that was shown in the customs thread , and as I know such an awesome toy would never be released officially I decided I would have to buy a Roy 1S (re-released & hopefully cheaper and improved ) but then I realised : where would I get the 1A head from ? then I was illuminated by the hory froatin head : I could just simply buy a Hikaru 1A and swap the heads so I would end up with the Hikaru 1S (awesome) and a lovely Roy 1A !

A bit like what you can do with the little banprestoes.

I realise I could just buy a recast head and have the Roy 1A but then I would have a spare head and the idea of a Hikaru 1S is tempting , of course this is a long-term plan (or at least until the re-releases get released -no pun intended-).

Now , what do you think about this plan lads ? any suggestions ? Do you personally think it´s cost-effective or not ? do you like the idea ? please comment ;)

Does anyone have an idea of how I could go about doing this ? i.e. swaping the heads , best places for deals, etc..

just for refferences :

VF_1A_Roy.jpg

ymt00024.jpg

post-4-1067571752_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aegis!

just a question....does the -1S head fit in fighter mode? or do you have to adjust the way that the head sits under the cockpit??

It doesn't fit as cleanly as the lineart indicates it should, but getting it to do so would probably take a minor miracle. At its most flush point, the visor of the 1S head is still visible.

just a question....does the -1S head fit in fighter mode? or do you have to adjust the way that the head sits under the cockpit??

It doesn't fit as cleanly as the lineart indicates it should, but getting it to do so would probably take a minor miracle. At its most flush point, the visor of the 1S head is still visible.

The reason it doesn't fit in nice and snugly under the canopy is because of the location of the swingbar the legs are attached to while in fighter mode. If that wasn't in the way, it could easily be made to fit in just as you see it in the line art. This is the same reason the shoulders hang lower than they should (i.e., swing bar is in the way).

The only reason that the 1A's head can fit in as it should is because of the shape of the back of it's head. I'm betting the 1J sticks out a bit too due to this too when it's released for this same reason.