Ranka Lee, just a fan-art.

akt_m

-Edited-

LOL. I guess i said BS about the computer stuff... Anyway I wasn't very clever by choosing such a high res to work.

This is the file at 25% of the original size, changed the contrast to a better one.

l8ter

post-180-1219036948_thumb.jpg

post-180-1219101125_thumb.jpg

Edited by akt_m

Absolutely stunning coloring, brushwork (digital, yeah?).

The face is very cute and expressive. The pose could be more vivacious, though. Know what I mean? It's gorgeous art, but the body could be more alive. I can't quite articulate it, but it's the same problem an illustration professor saw in me, and now I've got a good eye for it.

Absolutely stunning coloring, brushwork (digital, yeah?).

The face is very cute and expressive. The pose could be more vivacious, though. Know what I mean? It's gorgeous art, but the body could be more alive. I can't quite articulate it, but it's the same problem an illustration professor saw in me, and now I've got a good eye for it.

Yeah i sux at doing bodies. I started with this sketch:

th_55943_rankamid_122_583lo.jpg

Then progressed to my avatar. At this stage i tried to do a body that would fit the head, and failed. Then i had to change the head to fit body and then this is what i could do.

I appreciate your critcs, now i know what to improve.  ^_^

Yeah i sux at doing bodies. I started with this sketch:

th_55943_rankamid_122_583lo.jpg

Then progressed to my avatar. At this stage i tried to do a body that would fit the head, and failed. Then i had to change the head to fit body and then this is what i could do.

I appreciate your critcs, now i know what to improve. ^_^

Cool. I love to see the progression of a project. Your avatar and the sketch are both really good. I think in retrospect, I can sort of tell that one part is sorta tacked on to the other. Sometimes, it's best to get down the whole gesture of the entire pose, face and body, rather than working in pieces. It helps to create an entire attitude and energy in the picture. Also, to be completely fair, your art is better than mine is at this point, I just wanted to offer some feedback that might help you get to the next level.

I agree, too, it has a classic 80s feel, like the hand painted stuff you'd see in an end credit roll, or in an art book.