What are your guy’s opinions on this situation?

sqidd

Oh didn't even see this post till now. About shipping yeah a 1/48 that needs to be packed in a larger box than the already too big 1/48 boxes cost about $53.00 to ship to the us. I've been shipping these things for over three years and the shipping has gradually gotten higher. The extra funs cover the cost of the bigger shipping box, packing materials and shipping and handling or the time it takes to walk down to the post on your day off to mail it. So if you ask me $60.00 for shipping to Canada, US and Australia is not only fair but right down to the exact cent it costs to ship it out. If you have gotten a valk for cheaper there are two reasons.

1) You are getting it from a company that ships in bulk so packing, boxes, and shipping cost less.

2) The seller doesn't have a scale and has guesstimated a shipping cost that is below the actual cost and is going to lose money on shipping. Thats what always use to happen to me until I got a scale. Personally I do not believe in the "I'll give you this much shipped" offers, offer what you want to pay for an item shipping is not negotiable since it a set cost depending on the location and weight of the item packed.

Oh yeah the guys is my friend, thats why he took my advise on positing it for what he paid for it (199.99). Not his fault who bid the highest. The guys is married with a kid and a newborn people got to eat.

Yep the signature is legit.

Edited by Save

Again... this was an auction, yamato didn't jack the price up to 600 on these things, people bidding on it did. These things retailed for a little more than MSRP on a regular 1/48 vf-1.

Thanks for correcting me. =) Let me just edit what I said... here goes:

For a toy that cost this much, you better be able to take it with you if you die.

A few strokes of paint and a pretty box ain't worth it.

Do I want one? Sure. Do I envy the person who owns one? You bet.

Are sellers snickering everytime they sell one of these? You bet your a$$.

Edited by fifbeat

Just curious, but is that $53 - $60 shipping estimate for Surface Mail, SAL or EMS?

EMS with tracking for insurance. If the insurance is over $200 JP post charges an extra $2.00 on top of the shipping for coverage.

Not sure what Surface or SAL costs, nobody has ever asked me to ship anything that big or worth that much without tracking and insurance.

Paypal will only protect you, if you do not receive anything. It will not help you, if get a box filled with chunky monkies that have been "weathered" in the rain.

You are so right. They only help you if you do not receive the item. Technically, they are supposed to step in if the item is grossly not as described. Their example is "you bought a book and they sent you a brick" if I recall correctly.

My best advice is to pay with Paypal, but do not link to your bank account. Instead, use a regular credit card to fund the purchase to Paypal.

2 reasons to use a regular credit card with Paypal.

1) You can always dispute through your credit card under your credit card terms regardless of what Paypal will or will not do.

2) The time to dispute with your credit card is much longer than Paypal.

There have been two occasions where I did this.

The first time, a seller kept stalling and stalling until the time limit to dispute with Paypal expired. So, I disputed with my credit card, and within a week I got my item. The second time, a seller sold me bootleg DVDs when he said they were legit. Paypal wouldn't help because I did receive DVDs, but my credit card saw things my way.

The credit card companies are way bigger than Paypal and can put their influence on them.