Armored Gerwalk Update Thread

fulcy

And, if the thing that's scaring you is the fact I said hyperdermic needle, then let me explain myself. 

Actually, the thing that's scaring me is that you can potentially graduate to punching the hyperdermic needles into something else.. like me. :D :D :D

As far as the shoulder cover is concerned?  I see no need for it (Lightning explained it to me).  It looks like they are using it, to make it look like the shoulder is actually larger than it is, so that the shoulder armor 'fits' better, and is more accurate to the lineart.

Actually, I find it an acceptable solution. In the long run, a C-clamp style missile pod is likely to scratch the paint/ decals there if any, and can loosen. A glove-type shoulder structure may be less elegant, but it would stay on better. Not to mention the part is larger and less likely to disappear.

But if you have a better solution, all the better. :)

And, here's what's been done over the weekend so far. I would have more of it finished, but I've had to put in hours at work, for a design review on monday - woo hoo. The entire assembly is going together much easier than the first one - everything is flat and square, and lines up almost perfectly. The next step is to punch out the external panel details, and attach those to the sides of these bases.

04.JPG

05.JPG

Edited by fulcy

Nice! What are you using as the base material in the middle?

On the adjusted line art project, i have made a few adjustments, but am waiting to find a digital vernier caliper to replace the one that just died for no reason whatsoever after falling from a height of 5 feet onto concrete and then being backed over by a chair leg roller. Stupid cheap american caliper! Anyways, as soon as I find a replacement, that part of the project will proceed again.

Hello Fulcy,

I'm sorry for not replying to the thread yet, but my cross country move has taken a lot out of me. It's been hard readjusting back to having to actually "work" to earn my paycheck, as opposed to getting paid to slack.

Everything you have done looks great, and I am looking forward to seeing the final project. Hopefully other people will want to own their very own 1/48 VF-1AG Armored Gerwalk. ;)

Kaolian,

You have been a really big help, and I appreciate you taking the time to modify your original drawings even though you are not technically obligated to.

I'm sure your drawings have been a big help to the project.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

These pics are from the thread in the old forums, which are down right now.

If these are already uploaded somewhere else, let me know so I can link them instead of taking up more space. I scanned through the magazines but didn't see them.

Hey tom64ss is that a VF-19P next to the armored Gerwalk Valkyrie