1/48 Fokker which release to get?

unmc2001

I am in the process of getting a 1/48 Fokker and was wondering if there is anything I should know about the different releases. How many times has it been reissued. Is the 1st release better/worse than the second release and so on. Any info will help. thanks

Avoid the 1st release, the nosecone and wing flaps fall off very easily (there are other minor revisions you can see by clicking on the link in my sig and finding my review of the 1/48s). Otherwise all the reissues are pretty much the same. You should try to get as new a release as possible though as plastic yellows as it ages.

I think the second version of Roy's Skull 001 in 1/48 scale was the only one with straight skulls on the rear stabilizers, asaik. Very hard to find someone who'd be willing to part with one, though. The weathered addition is coveted right now but you'd have to shell out between $400 and $500 to get one off of e-bay. I know you wanted a 1/48 version but the 1/60 version is beautiful and sturdy, very well-made and a bit cheaper. Most of the important markings are tampo-printed on already. And it should be relatively easy to get one at a reasonable price right now. Hope this helps.

Edited by shogun029