Custom 25th VF-1J & Stealth VF-1S

physioguy

I sold all my other 1/48s except for a custom airbrushed 1J with GBP armor. Ive decided I'll only keep 1/48s that are unique, and then get all the regular release 1/60s... which brings me to my latest customs:

post-917-1212648486_thumb.jpg post-917-1212648496_thumb.jpg post-917-1212648501_thumb.jpg

post-917-1212648511_thumb.jpg post-917-1212648516_thumb.jpg post-917-1212648522_thumb.jpg

It seems simple enough, but I had to paint the 1J head with semi-gloss black and gold to match the finish on the 25th Anniversary Valk, and then paint the 1S head in more flat shades of grey. I also painted the visor of the 1J with translucent green.

I'm keeping the stealth 1S, but will probably sell the custom 25th 1J complete with box and all accessories.

Edited by physioguy

Thanks. I've always though the VF1S is much darker than the Stealth. If I'm not mistaken, the Stealth is like Midnight Grey and the VF1S is more Blackhole black, I just couldn't confirm it thru the monitor until now.

actually, you are right. the darkest "black" parts on the stealth are not totally black. It's funny though, the extra posed hands that come with the stealth are totally black, but that's the only part.

I sold all my other 1/48s except for a custom airbrushed 1J with GBP armor. Ive decided I'll only keep 1/48s that are unique, and then get all the regular release 1/60s... which brings me to my latest customs:

It seems simple enough, but I had to paint the 1J head with semi-gloss black and gold to match the finish on the 25th Anniversary Valk, and then paint the 1S head in more flat shades of grey. I also painted the visor of the 1J with translucent green.

I'm keeping the stealth 1S, but will probably sell the custom 25th 1J complete with box and all accessories.

WOW! Simply WOW! Those are amazing. You did a fabulous job. I really dig how awesome the 1S head looks on the Stealth. I cannot express how great these look.

:ph34r: