Where to find Gundam Markers in the US?

misterryno

Hey all. I am curious of where I can find either a Gundam Marker or any VERY fine-tipped markers for panel lines in the US. I live in Colorado and would like a store where I can just go in and purchase one but if that's not possible I don't mind ordering one. The 2 colors I am most interested in are Black and a dark gray. If you can help me that would be fantastic. THANKS ALOT.

:ph34r:

Hey all. I am curious of where I can find either a Gundam Marker or any VERY fine-tipped markers for panel lines in the US. I live in Colorado and would like a store where I can just go in and purchase one but if that's not possible I don't mind ordering one. The 2 colors I am most interested in are Black and a dark gray. If you can help me that would be fantastic. THANKS ALOT.

no no no no

do not use marker :ph34r:

no no no no

do not use marker :ph34r:

Some of us are not skilled enough to use paint and prefer to use a marker. If you cannot help me find what I need then the commentary is unnecassary. Thanks.

Some of us are not skilled enough to use paint and prefer to use a marker. If you cannot help me find what I need then the commentary is unnecassary. Thanks.

hey I have just PM you with the paint technic

it is easier that the marker ^_^

it is not about painting the whole bird Mister ! :p

hey I have just PM you with the paint technic

it is easier that the marker ^_^

it is not about painting the whole bird Mister ! :p

Thank you for the information in the PM. I will have to try this. I first need to find the products here in the US and then I'm golden.

The Gundam markers are actually good for panel lining. The surrounding smudges are easy to clean off with a damp cotton bud, without harming the lined panels. It doesn't look thick at all. Spoken from personal experience. They cost quite a bit though.

At some art shops you can also find 0.5 and 0.2 mm 'pigment' ink pens. They are very similar things, which I've used in the same way. They are more expensive than normal pens. Just walk into an art supply store and ask.

Go to an art supplie shop and get a Sakura pigment pen at 0.5 or 0.2 mm. Smudges won't be as easy to clean off as with a gundam marker though.

That is the pen that I have always used and what I am using now. The tip has never gone $hitty so quickly on me before...that's why there are mistakes on the left side. This will be the 4th valk that I have panel lined with this kind of pen. I like them....I was just super pissed when the tip "broke" and fu(ked up my PL job. Once I get a new pen I will finish it and it will look "cartoony" just the way I wanted it to. The other valks that I have PLed with this pen were a 1/48 1A Cannon Fodder, 1/48 1J Super Stealth and a 1/55 Bandai Roy Focker. If I cannot find a Gundam marker I will either try out what Ghost Killer has suggested or just stick to the Pigma Micron. And you are very correct. The smudges are ALOT harder to get off that one would think. I may have to try to make them look like some sort of weathering.

EDIT-----> I forgot......I was looking for something smaller than the current Pigma Micron 005 which is .20MM I would like to find a .15MM or smaller even. Do you know where to get a smaller one? I have searched high and low and have found not one.

Edited by misterryno

I bought the dark gray gundam marker to use on my valks from this store:

http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/gundammarkers2.html

Pics of the results:

GREAT panel lines brother! That CF looks SWEET! Thanks for the linky. I will have to order a few of them now.

Grand Admiral,

THANKS AGAIN for that linky. I have bookmarked them and ordered one marker to check them out. I hope it is as awesome as everyone says.

Protip: The markers work a little better if you drag them across the panel line like a paintbrush, don't press down on them like you would a pen or pencil.

Keep something handy to wipe off errors. I found that if I slipped on an area and wiped it off right away, it would come off fairly easily.

A grey Gundamâ„¢--brand marker is about 99.9% identical to a 005 Sakura Pigma Micron, just "not black". IMHO, it's more like "transparent black" than "grey", if that makes sense. Useful at times, but I rarely use mine. (I also find the Sakura-brand stuff to be much easier to smudge/erase/blend/fix mistakes with--just how the ink behaves)

I might use it all on my 1/48 Milia though, as "black" would be far too stark, and I want a more subtle look on the red.

A grey Gundamâ„¢--brand marker is about 99.9% identical to a 005 Sakura Pigma Micron, just "not black".

I ordered 1 Gundam to try it out and see if I like it. The hobby lobby right down the road from me has the sakuras which I really do like just sometimes I get a real $hitty tip and sometimes I don't. So......is the Gundam marker finer than a 005 .2mm Sakura? That is why I bought one thinking it would be.

Nope, no finer. Exactly the same, or maybe like .001 bigger. Maybe a bit "harder" tip though. And poor tips on Sakuras---it happens. You can get 3 in a row that last a while, others that last 5 mins. I've never been able to "use up" the ink though---the tips always wear out long before the ink does.

Nope, no finer. Exactly the same, or maybe like .001 bigger. Maybe a bit "harder" tip though. And poor tips on Sakuras---it happens. You can get 3 in a row that last a while, others that last 5 mins. I've never been able to "use up" the ink though---the tips always wear out long before the ink does.

Yes.....good to know.....well.....I'm glad I only ordered one then. I need to order a gray one then and keep usin the sakuras for black. I've used up the ink in 2 out of 5 sakuras and that's all.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm interested too! Why not posting them? Or it's family secret? :lol:

HA!!! :lol:

I'll send you the info now.....PM on the way.

HA!!! :lol:

I'll send you the info now.....PM on the way.

Nevermind.......I don't have the info anymore....but I am sure he can send it to you.....I have the info in my head...but I don't have the time this moment to jot it all down for ya....sorry mate.