Yamato Magazine?

Having a friend in Nippon helps.

EDIT: Actually I think it is compulsory. First you need someone who can read Japanese. Then you need an address in Japan to ship to. Then you need someone kind enough to send them to you. Quite a bit of hoop jumping.

Edited by miriya

• 1 month later...

Got the mag today. It is pretty cool. Glad I have it. I will try to get scans up at some point but I do not have a scanner. maybe I will just photo shoot it all. There are some cool pics of Kawamori san with yamato valks and an interview (I think. I cant read japanese).

So how nice is this magazine so far? Does it have alot of pages considering it's only less than a handful of issues / year?

No, not really. I picked one of these up a few months ago at a store, never really bothered to look inside until now.

It doesn't seem to have a date or issue number, just says "Yamato Magazine." With the exception of the interview with Shoji Kawamori, the entire magazine is just photos of various Yamato toys. A lot of them look like the publicity photos we've all seen before online, so unless you're dying for a hard copy... the whole "magazine" is pretty irrelevant.

No, not really. I picked one of these up a few months ago at a store, never really bothered to look inside until now.

It doesn't seem to have a date or issue number, just says "Yamato Magazine." With the exception of the interview with Shoji Kawamori, the entire magazine is just photos of various Yamato toys. A lot of them look like the publicity photos we've all seen before online, so unless you're dying for a hard copy... the whole "magazine" is pretty irrelevant.

I'm kind of surprised. I was hoping a real comprehensive mag as far as toys go that Yamato is into, and not necessarily their own stuff.

I was actually hoping they'd do something like Tamiya Modelling Magazine, though that one is a monthly release. I thought it would focus purely on Tamiya products, but they run the gamut of modelling subjects. Build-ups, reviews, ads, etc. They even have stuff from their competitors in there such as DML and Hasegawa ^_^