Any Neo Geo fans out there?

Nah I dont like SVC as much as CVS

About mame. I dont like it unless it's a game no one could ever have like the Macross arcade games. (Tony You dont count with your DYRL cab)

But my preference is to have the original consoles and carts. but hey there are some i would not buy liek PCengine and a Neogeo system.

Edited by Solscud007

Sol if you are gonna buy a Neo Geo cart system then you want the MVS board and a Supergun or a Neo Geo Cabinet.

The Home Neo Geo System carts are so much more expensive and the collectors are real anal. <_>

Or you can try to get the latest Phantom-1 converter to play MVS carts on your home AES system. However, I think some people report problems w/ certain games still and also problems depending on the AES system you have (depends on serial number what batch you have).

So far SVC seems like an interesting game, however nothing really too amazing. It will at least keep me busy until Samurai Spirits Zero comes in. Now I just need fresh people to challenge, playing the computer gets kinda boring fast. ;)

Or you can try to get the latest Phantom-1 converter to play MVS carts on your home AES system. However, I think some people report problems w/ certain games still and also problems depending on the AES system you have (depends on serial number what batch you have).

So far SVC seems like an interesting game, however nothing really too amazing. It will at least keep me busy until Samurai Spirits Zero comes in. Now I just need fresh people to challenge, playing the computer gets kinda boring fast. ;)

Samurai Spirits 0/Shodown V MVS is out.

Mdgamesales has it for $450.00

The Phantom-1 is okay but super flakey.

My latest goal is to get the Gamepark 32. It will play mame and other emulators. Now for a portable system to do that. Then i support emulators. Liek Portable SNES (and I dont mean waiting around for Nintendo to backwords engineer its games for GBA)

Link to the Past is prolly my favorite game for GBA but that is liek the only one. Super Marios World is ok but what about Super Metroid. What is this Metroid Fusion crap.

Where can I get the Hyper 64 SS ports?

You cant. The common misconception is that the PS 3d Samurai games are from the Hyper 64. They arent. Not even close. The only way to get them is to buy a Hyper 64 cab or Jamma board.

I have never even gotten to play them.

Tonight I just played the crap out of Samurai Shodown IV again. I love that game. B))

Ah.... I used to play the second one on the Hyper64 in Japan back in 98, but it didn't stick around for too long... Sogetsu and Genjuro were evil on that one....

Samurai II is my personal favorite....

I am conflicted between Samurai II and IV as my favorite.

II is just plain classic and has great animation,music and style.

IV has the newer sprites and loads of charicters with the new play system.

I really really want V bad. :o

I'd have to say Samurai II was my personal fav as well. I played it everyday in between class back in college. There was a good community of players there that made it challenging. After a while I thought I was a pretty badass earthquake player until I went overseas for vacation and got my ass handed by some of the craziest ukyo players I had ever seen.

Samurai IV was very artistic like III and had better playability than III but I'd say II was more playable than IV. I'm not sure about IV, but II had some nice little secrets as well. Ah the good ol' days.

I own Samurai 1-4 and latley the more I play4 the more cool stuff I find in it.

Play some more 4 and I think you will like it alot.

I liked 3 but the damage and small charicter roster puts 4 well above it in the favorites/played more category.

Do you think it would be a sacrilege to pit the worlds of SS, Last Blade, Ninja Masters, Kabuki Klash and whatever other feudal fighting game into one "dream match" game? Although I think we would never see one. Other than SS the other games listed seem to have little or no affect on people outside neo-geo fans.

Also, any of you guys have an IGS PGM system? The games look like good 2D thirst quenchers especially since they seem to derive inspiration from Capcom and SNK.

Current KOF 2003 rumors have some new teams.

A Hyper 64 team and a Weapons Team(?)

It will be interesting to see what other teams make it.

Also there is rumored to be a Last Blade 3 this coming year(2004) ;)

A Hyper 64 team? Could this mean a Buriki One team?!?!

Ugh, this one better be better then that rehash Metal Slug 4, but I doubt any other Metal Slug game will ever come to the quality of 3, which I gladly paid $500 for to get early. Metal Slug 4 was just pure reused everything. The backgrounds, the enemies, Hell, the last boss's sprite was the fricking school teacher/scientist from the other games!!

Ugh, this one better be better then that rehash Metal Slug 4, but I doubt any other Metal Slug game will ever come to the quality of 3, which I gladly paid $500 for to get early. Metal Slug 4 was just pure reused everything. The backgrounds, the enemies, Hell, the last boss's sprite was the fricking school teacher/scientist from the other games!!

Did you watch the video? It looks awesome. New stages,New bosses,New kickass metal music. :D

Wow this is such a great thread guys. God bless MW!

Anyway it's good to see the SS series getting mad props here. It is my favorite series of ALL time! I bought the home carts for Neo-geo back in like 1996, after spending over $2000 in quarters at the arcade on parts 1 and 2. I then bought the arcade MVS cart for my neo 6 slot cab that picked up in Montery park from my good friend Danny.

Anyway, I'm gunna breakdown a little history about SS II, since that was my most played SS game. Anybody who lives in L.A. and is familiar with the Crenshaw and Adams area, have most likely played against our crew. We, well, mainly myself and my buddy Legit. We used to frakking OWN everyone in our area!!

First of all, anyone who really knows this game will tell you, it's not Ukyo who runs SSII...it's Nicotine and Earthquake!

True story...

I used to run players out the arcade with my Quake. I was so good...and this is the truth folks...I have no reason to bullshit you...I was actually BANNED from TWO arcades!!! One was in Westwood, and the other one at the arcade across the street from LACC college. I was actually accused of cheating from several players who reported me to the manager of the arcade. They simply couldn't figure out how I kept kicking everyone's ass with what appears to be a weak character. We'd go to arcades throughout L.A. and run crap. Anytime other players would see us coming, all you'd hear is.. "Aww frakk! Here they are again!" or "Damn...not now...aint this a bitch!!" I swear, my friend was UNfrakkINGSTOPPABLE with Nicotine! Jump towards him and you'd see his staff get crammed up your ass, while he'd throw a plethora of fire monkeys under your dress. Even the best Ukyo players will get served by a good Nicotine player. Even in my prime, my Charlottle would own the best Ukyo players across L.A. arcades.

The bottom line folks...EVERY character can be mastered and be unstoppable if played correctly. I've seen incredible crap done with the likes of Earthquake, Kyoshiro and Wan-fu..I'm talking about crap that made them virtually unstoppable!

Alas...the days of going to arcades and schooling scrubs are long gone! Hanging in a real arcade with spectators around you and mashing on a real Neo cab. I swear...if I was wealthy, I'd go to Japan and open my own arcade, put all my favorite games in it, and wouldn't charging anything to play!

All is not lost however, as you can now play all your favorite Neo-Geo games online! For those of you who loved the old time classics arcade games like Street Fighter 2, Samurai Shodown 2, and Fatal Fury...you need to get this program called Kaillera. Kaillera allows you to play any Mame game online! I play SS I, II, III, and IV almost everday against people from all over the world!! Infact I just finished a 2 1/2 hour session of Samurai Shodown 2 against URA-AGE, and it frakking owned!. We came out about even and the guy used Wan-Fu in ways I didn't know possible, but I stayed on for two hours going back and forth taking my wins and my losses. Why? Because it was fun as hell!

Neo-Geo online baby! With no lag except for 2 three second patches in nearly 2 hours of play! Everything else was smooth as butta! In game chat too! If you thought it was fun playing your neo games against the computer, well, you aint seen nothing yet...it's all about Kaillera. There's NOTHING like playing Metal Slug 3 co-op online with no lag! It's orgasmic!

This is what most SNK fans want from Xdude live. Kick ass online Neo games. But alas, SNK has yet to release one on Xdude.

People...If you have a PC that can run Mame, and a way to play these fighters (a pad, a stick, whatever)...you have no excuse not to go and download Kaillera and start experiencing this old school goodness! It's the closest thing to being at the arcades again.

Now...to get started, first Get the program *HERE*

Pentium optimized version...*HERE*

Now...here's the FAQ you MUST read before getting started:

http://www.kaillera.com/faq.php

Read some interesting Kaillera topics:

*TOPIC 1*

*TOPIC 2*

Here's an interesting topic over at Shuriken about a planned kaillera SS II tourney...*HERE*

For those of you that are already on Kaillera, please, please, please list your name here and what games you play. If your interested, post here. We need more people on this.

Edited by isamu

Milkman have you got Kaillera yet?

No not yet. I will try to get that going soon.

I have some Neo roms but I dont care for emulation that much.

Todays news is that there will be a KOF 2003 Location test November 17-21 in Japan.

We will have pics,teams,and gameplay info that week.

I cant wait. :)

Haha, wow isamu.. I've never met another earthquake player from SS2. Earthquake and ukyo were my characters of choice back when arcades still had people lined up to play SS2. Yeah, he's an awesome character and it totally throws off people who have never seen him used effectively.

Too bad the arcade culture has died/changed... playing games like that at home by oneself just isn't the same.

BTW, SS0/5 is totally awesome. My MVS copy came in last week. I only wish I had people to play against. :(

Edited by StealthLurker

Milkman have you got Kaillera yet?

You've posted some good links except where to get the ROM images... :)

Hardy har har... :p

Anyway why would anyone prefer NeorageX to mame? NeorageX hasn't been updated in like...FOREVER! Doesn't even support Kaillera!

Mame gives you:

a)a way way WAY larger selection of games

b)more display resolution options

c)a better button configuration menu(even presets for X-arcade, MAS, and Hot Rod arcade sticks)

d)Better sound emulation

e)is made with a "code for code" philosophy in mind, and a result emulates every game(especially Neo-Geo) much more accurately than those other emus

f)can be configured to work BEAUTIFULLY in actual arcade cabinets and is written so well, you can even have it set up where as soon as you boot your PC it'll go straight to the game you want it to. You just puch a button and play.

g)did I mention it has over 4500 supported games?

h)did I mention you can play online?