Macross scenes vs. Robotech scenes

vito

First, I am not try to open discussion about deferences between Macross and Robotech. I know all story about it and maybe already discussed in the forum.

I thought they use same scenes for Robotech as Macross. Last night, I watched episodes 1-4 of Macross. I realized some scenes were cut, mostly adultery, in Robotech.

In fist episode of Macross, Roy Focker and Hikaru Ichijyo checking Lynn Minmay's back :) at air port, but there is no scene in Robotech,

the second episode, Roy Focker and Hikaru Ichijyo were at city with their battroids. Roy were fixing Hikaru's VT001 (VF-1D). Roy were checking Minmay and her aunt's legs on his bis screen :):D.

In fourth episode, Hikaru and Minmay lost in Macross, there was Minmay's shower scene. You can fully see her back but in Macross, you just see her shoulders (I think ) in Robotech.

Those things that I remember, do you know any other scenes like were those.

Another question, Animation in episodes 1-2 very nice, but in episode 3, the animation very bad if you compare with episode 1-2. Were the episodes drawn by artists of deferent companies?

I am sorry, the questions are like newbie questions :)

I think by adultery he means all the more "adult" scenes of checking out girls, panty stores, fan service etc.

OF COURSE ROBOTECH IS CUT! Why would you ever think otherwise? Robotech has always been a cut up, butchered, and censored abomination of Macross (but with better music - ouch!)

The list would be too long. Robotech (Macross saga) has more or less 60 minutes of "lost" (cut) footage. Every single episode has cuts, none has survived in its integrity (we're talking about visuals only, of course). I've done the comparison myself for my university degree thesis. That means that 2 episodes worth of animation were trimmed by Harmony Gold. The reasons behind that isn't always "adult" scenes (nudity etc). Many of the edited content were scenes deemed "unnecessary" to the unfolding of the events (no comments, please) and most were taken out to allow for longer commercials during the broadcast of the episode.

So, the latest Robotech Remastered collection is all in tact? (obviously, with the exception of the music, japanese dialogue)

Nope, there are still major scenes missing, even if some have been reintroduced. Most of these scenes were left intact by HG (some violence and nudity) but were edited out by request of the TV network.

I would very much be interested in reading that paper...

:) It's written in Italian (with english quotes as well), and I could dig it out of my library when I get back home (in a week's time, I hope).