What should I do first????

Mr. Anderson

I just got my Vf-0S and Battroid in the mail the other day. I will be doing the 0S first. Im just stumped on what I should do first. Im thinking about gluing first and them filling/sanding. Then priming. But I dont know what I should do from there! Anyone else here that has built this model could give me some advice on what they did. I want to do this right and I want it to look good. I dont care how long it takes! Thanks for the help everyone. :lol:

oh btw..i already washed all the parts in dish soap and let them dry and packed them back up.

I just got my Vf-0S and Battroid in the mail the other day. I will be doing the 0S first. Im just stumped on what I should do first. Im thinking about gluing first and them filling/sanding. Then priming. But I dont know what I should do from there! Anyone else here that has built this model could give me some advice on what they did. I want to do this right and I want it to look good. I dont care how long it takes! Thanks for the help everyone. :lol:

oh btw..i already washed all the parts in dish soap and let them dry and packed them back up.

This is something that I do since I am a noob, but buy two of the same kit for mistakes, even though its too late for you. I cant even count how many times I broke or screwed up on a piece(s) and had to order another kit, because I thought I was going to be accurate and flawless. It is not much money compared to when working on a car, I can go on and on how many times when something went wrong resulting in someone re ordering a couple hundred dollar part. And always get a little bit more then you need (in paint, etc), it saves so much in time. Other then that ask the experts and pros, honestly you will not find any other better model builders on any other site or forum.

Edited by deadghost

im still a noob .....but usually 1st kit gets ruined.....buy a cheaper plastic model which u can practice on....specially ur airbrush / spray can techniques.....decal applications....weathering effect ( if applicable )....and other stuff u can add and improve on before proceeding to your Macross kit itself......juz my 2 cents!!!

Look closely at the assembly instructions and try and figure out what the minimum amount of construction you can do on any given part is. Ideally you want to build, fill and sand prior to painting if at all possible. Sub assemblies are your friend. I haven't even looked at the VF-0s battroid, but I know the Valkyrie is able to be built up into smaller compoents that can then be asembled once painted. Take a look at WMCheng's buildups on this forum to see what I mean. If it is the battroid try and build up the individual components such as the legs, then fill sand prime and paint those items before combining inot the completed craft.

-Adam