MH ride armor

so i was bored last night and took apart my ride armor.

more or less i was trying to figure out how to make the armor mode tighter but it doesn't look like theres much i can do.

this is what i took apart without prying or unscrewing. sorry for the crappy camera phone pics.

heres everything disassembled

ride1ud1.jpg

engine disassembled

enginehk5.jpg

engine and back of figure

engineassemhm3.jpg

unfortunately, theres no way to disassemble the figure whatsoever. the whole thing seems like it glued together as well as the engine assembly where i thought i could squeeze in a magnet. theres some metal on each front of the shoulders(the white circle) of the figure but theres no way to get a magnet inside the headlight assembly which would've make that part stay down better in amor mode.

so far it seems this project is a lost cause, all the parts are so small its nearly impossible to mod/tweak it out.

if anyone has any idea/suggestions, please post.

The figure comes apart for the most part... almost nothing is glued. I took the legs completely apart the other day to tighten the knees, and the arms to try and fix the one upper-arm gap I've got... only thing I think is glued is the torso and pelvis.

The figure comes apart for the most part... almost nothing is glued. I took the legs completely apart the other day to tighten the knees, and the arms to try and fix the one upper-arm gap I've got... only thing I think is glued is the torso and pelvis.

my idea was to put a magnet inside the engine and another one inside the back of the torso for a sturdier armor mode.

the torso and pelvis is the part i would need to get into for my idea to work but even then, the main engine assembly is glued together.

i like this toy, i just don't like how flimsy it feels when its in armor mode.

i gotta figure out something to make it better or i'm going to end up selling them.

DND & promethuem5,

Thanks for the bit of info so far. DND...if you figure anything else out PLEASE do let us know. p5...how did the tightining up of the limbs go for ya? The results were pleasurable?

:ph34r:

I had good luck with nail-polishing the knees... the lower leg peg is nice and thick, so it's great durable when tighter... the upper leg knee takes a little fennagelling... the actual peg is a very thin pin that breaks off when tightened, but the socket part of the thin peg forms a thicker peg that is still usable and works great. I'd snap some pics but I don't have a camera...

I had good luck with nail-polishing the knees... the lower leg peg is nice and thick, so it's great durable when tighter... the upper leg knee takes a little fennagelling... the actual peg is a very thin pin that breaks off when tightened, but the socket part of the thin peg forms a thicker peg that is still usable and works great. I'd snap some pics but I don't have a camera...

Cool....thanks for the info.

:ph34r: