Spray Paint

misterryno

Hey all...I have recently purchased 2 different spray paints in order to try to get the right color I want. One of the cans is a Krylon Fusion Ultra-Flat Black and the other a Krylon Smoke Gray. I just would like to get a gray that is not super dark. Can someone inform me on how I would go about doing so? THANKS.

:ph34r:

Look for the Krylon Cammo paint colors (like for ATV's and other projects). Same price and they sell a light and medium grey color. Dead flat too! perfect stuff for models. Would stick well with slight surface prep on ABS. - MT

Look for the Krylon Cammo paint colors (like for ATV's and other projects). Same price and they sell a light and medium grey color. Dead flat too! perfect stuff for models. Would stick well with slight surface prep on ABS. - MT

The Cammo kind is what I got for the Flat-Black. I saw a shade of brown and green but not gray. That is why I got the other gray. Is there a way to mix the 2 I have to make the right shade. Like black and then gray or gray and then black???

You can't really mix them because they'll just overlap each other. But if the vendor in your area carries the cammo line, see if you can order what you want. I think you got the Fusion stuff; there is a regular line too; here's color splotches: http://www.kpg-industrial.com/products/non...mouflage_paint/

Hope that helps. I've got a few cans and love it. Plus the newer cans have a fine automotive spray valve on them for a smoother finish (no, I don't own stocks in Krylon - but I should! :lol:). - MT

You can't really mix them because they'll just overlap each other. But if the vendor in your area carries the cammo line, see if you can order what you want. I think you got the Fusion stuff; there is a regular line too; here's color splotches: http://www.kpg-industrial.com/products/non...mouflage_paint/

Hope that helps. I've got a few cans and love it. Plus the newer cans have a fine automotive spray valve on them for a smoother finish (no, I don't own stocks in Krylon - but I should! :lol: ). - MT

Well crud....I should have just asked them before I went and bought that can of smoke gray. Eh....no worries.....I will find a use for the grey. THANKS for your help.

Well crud....I should have just asked them before I went and bought that can of smoke gray. Eh....no worries.....I will find a use for the grey. THANKS for your help.

That's the spirt :)