Orguss toy custom

Look at what I found while digging stuff out of my storage:

orguss001wr8.th.jpg

orguss002yj0.th.jpg

Pretty sweat huh?!

It's still in pretty good shape so I decided to give it a new and shine paint job. B))

I was wondering if there were any of you who made some custom paint on this toy, just to give me some inspiration. ^_^

I don't think there's too many folks who would risk a custom paint job on a vintage toy worth $150 or more. :)

But if I were to do it, I'd try to first get hold of the 1/60 1/40 scale IMAII full-transformation kit of the brownie Orguss-II... the equivalent of the VF-1A cannon-fodder. Then I'd try to custom fit the head, shield etc onto the orguss and paint it all brown.

Edited by drifand

I bought a Nike-kick a few years ago. When I decided to sell it I got only a fraction of the cost because someone had painted the inside of the shoulder thrusters black. I had assumed that that was how it should have come. I argued that it "added to the realism and hence value of the toy" but the schlep at Mandarake didn't fall for that.

Thank you for your comments. ^_^

Wow! $150 for this toy, didn't know it could sell that high!

Well it doesn't really matter to me. I'm not the kind of collector who keep things for selling them later at a higher price tag.

Neither the kind to keep everything prestine in their box.

I like having fun with my toys/figures.

And I like it anime/movie accurate.

That's the reason I would repaint this one, to improve the overall look.

But it can wait a little longer, I already have my hand loaded with cool stuff to do. ^_^

I was just curious to see somebody else work on this particular toy. <_<

Thank you for your comments. ^_^

Wow! $150 for this toy, didn't know it could sell that high!

Well it doesn't really matter to me. I'm not the kind of collector who keep things for selling them later at a higher price tag.

Neither the kind to keep everything prestine in their box.

I like having fun with my toys/figures.

And I like it anime/movie accurate.

That's the reason I would repaint this one, to improve the overall look.

But it can wait a little longer, I already have my hand loaded with cool stuff to do. ^_^

I was just curious to see somebody else work on this particular toy. <_<

I have wanted one of those since I was a little kid. Part of me cringes at the thought of anyone taking tools or paint to one of them but the other part of me thinks that if you do a good custom job it may look really freaking cool. I do not think I have ever seen a custom 1/40 Orgroid before and it is exciting and terrifying to think about it. These are really quite rare toys becoming more and more difficult to find.

I likeDrifands idea, leave this piece how it is and buy Orguss model kits.

You can make them as accurate as you want....

now if you just could find some kits.....(cleverly disguised sale thread plug, sorry no variable kits though.)

Edited by orguss01

Ok, I will give it a second though, don't wanna rush anything!

What's the best large scale orgroid kit (non variable)?

Edited by CAIN MKII

The largest scale Orguss I know of IS a transforming one... and I flubbed the number in my earlier post. It's 1/40 scale, not 1/60... so it's a 'perfect match' for the DX toy. In theory.

I'm also not one to keep toys in MIB condition for the illusion of 'investment' value, so yeah, I hope you do a good job of it! Maybe you can consider painting it like the 2-tone gray + yellow scheme of the 'enemy' Gerwalk Nikick? Think of it as a Terram-captured spoil of war. Or skip the yellow and it'll become the next must-have 'Low Vis' variant out there. Cheers!