info need please for this sdf-1

generation3

hi, i stumble upon this pic from my friend and i cant find any info about it. all i know is that its not an official product. so i need u guys here in MW to help me identify this mysterious sdf-1. any info (manufacturer, yr of make,market price for it and etc-etc) would be grateful.

thanks

post-6830-1202283279_thumb.jpg

post-6830-1202283340_thumb.jpg

post-6830-1202283350_thumb.jpg

hi, i stumble upon this pic from my friend and i cant find any info about it. all i know is that its not an official product. so i need u guys here in MW to help me identify this mysterious sdf-1. any info (manufacturer, yr of make,market price for it and etc-etc) would be grateful.

thanks

Looks like a re-boxed version of the Matchbox one. Or the other way around to me.

The takatoku one has missile launchers on the main cannons and off the legs I believe as well as Valkyrie launchers off of the arms with little valks that plug in. this one does not seem to have those so I am guessing either matchbox or KO. There should be a stamp on the bottom of the feet to tell you what company made them. I have never seen that box before.

I am going to guess that if it is a KO, which is probably is as Jenius knows his stuff and has the Matchbox as well as the Taktatoku, that it still may be worth something. Looks like an intact sticker sheet and a box in good condition and the toy in good condition too. I am sure it is rare but in the KO world that doesnt get you very far all the time. I like that box. Cool design. I would be tempted to buy this if I was in the market. I already have my matchbox one and am happy with it. Are you going to sell it?

There are at least 5 versions of the large SDF-1 toy out there:

1. Original Takatoku release - Brown outer box, green inner box and tray. Arms feature launching springs and comes with 2 sprues of tiny plastic valks and a ghost fighter to launch from them.

2. Taiwan Bootleg of the Takatoku release called "Macross SSF-1" with bootleg quality - also has the launching arms feature and sprues of ships.

3. Bandai/Matchbox release in Matchbox Robotech box but figure has Bandai mark on foot - No arm launchers

4. Bootleg of the Bandai version that is identical to Bandai quality but has no manufacturing marks on the foot at all. The box is larger in size than the Takatoku box, and is blue with a grid pattern and features a picture of the Takatoku version (with launchers) with 2 drawings of valkyries flying around it. Has Macross written on box in English. This one was released in Europe I believe. No arm launchers.

5. Unknown manufacturer release called "Space Battleship" - I do not own this one but have pics of it. It does not have the firing arms like Takatoku.

#5 is the one your friend has.