New Macropedia entries

Mr March

I'm making some new Macross Frontier entries for inclusion in the Macropedia section of my website. Since I'm as much a newb to Frontier as everyone else, I figured I'd run the entries by everyone here and see if my terminology, definitions and impressions are the same as everyone else who has watched the show so far. Please feel free to offer suggestions

EPM (Electronic Protective Measures): The term for the degree of protection against electromagnetic jamming. A rating is often used to designate the required level of protection against any given attack. Unmanned craft controlled via AI computers are especially susceptible to electromagnetic jamming of sufficient strength and thus the reality of jamming on the modern battlefield necessitates continued human operation of military vehicles.

EX-Gear: The name for personalized flying equipment that features two wings and two small thrusters fitted to rest on a persons back. EX-Gear also includes head, leg and arm mounted hardware for protection, take off/landing and mobility. EX-Gear is used to familiarize a person with the flying and is integrated into cockpits of the newest VF-25 variable fighters. Civilian units built to the same standard as military issue equipment are used to train students in flight schools such as Miboshi Academy High.

Fold Sickness: Adverse effects on the human body due to the space-time folding effect, the common method of interstellar travel. Symptoms of fold sickness are described as similar to that of motion sickness.

NUAC (New Unified Army Command): The title that refers to the command structure for the New United Nations Spacy and other military sections. The unified armed forces are under the administration of the NUAC whereas each branch was once administered by separate command structures.

NUN Spacy or NUNS (New United Nations Spacy): The title for the newest organized military space agency of the United Nations Government operating in 2059, sharing an obvious organizational history with the older UN Spacy military establishment.

SMS (Civilian Military Provider): A private military company operating aboard the Macross 25 fleet. Highly trained and experienced civilian paramilitary units operate the most sophisticated modern military hardware to undertake missions for their customers. On board the Macross Frontier fleet, the Frontier Presidency directs the SMS when they require their services.

Edited by Mr March

EX-Gear: The name for personalized flying equipment that features two wings and two small thrusters fitted to rest on a persons back. EX-Gear also includes head, leg and arm mounted hardware for protection, take off/landing and mobility. EX-Gear is used to familiarize a person with the flying and is integrated into the cockpits of next generation variable fighters. Civilian units built to the same standard as military issue equipment are used to train students in flight schools such as Miboshi Academy High.

You may want to change the text I have highlighted. All we know for sure is that it's integrated into the VF-25. We have no idea is it integrated into any other fighters.

Graham