Yet another 1/48 Yamato addict

Lacerta

A month or so ago I got my first 1/48 Yamato VF-1 (the Super TV Max!) and got a GBP as well. I thought it would look cool as a desk decoration (since I work with military aircraft every day) and change from Battroid to Gerwalk, mix and match the Super parts and every now and then suit him up in the GBP. The detail and the general coolness of this figure is incredible, as pictures I've seen don't do it justice! I have to thank Graham for making the transformation video! I would have destroyed mine without it. :unsure:

So apparently one isn't enough, and I ordered a "Roy Focker" VF-1S, with a Super Pack and a stand. What I didn't know was when I ordered the Focker Valk, HLJ.com had it listed as 'backordered' which made me believe it'd be shipped just a bit after Christmas (which, in my case is a good thing as I'm not in the States right now.) A couple days ago I got a confirmation saying it was shipped! After receiving the shipping confirmation, I look on HLJ and notice the Focker VF-1S is listed as 'discontinued.'

Are they seriously discontinuing this figure?? I couldn't find it ANYWHERE else...and perhaps the most important question of all, did I get one of the last ones? <_<

Welcome to the Yamato Valkyrie addicts club Lacerta! :lol:

I have just recently started collecting them myself, with my first and currently only being a 1/48 VF-1S Roy Focker with Super Packs, but I have a 25 anniversary VF-1s on order.

I guess its true you cant have just one ^_^

As to HLJ showing the Focker VF-1S as discontinued, my understanding is that Yamato discontinued it before but brought it back due to demand, same as what they have done with the VF-1J MAX and the VF-1J Millia. So yours might be the last or Yamato might make another production run. ;)

As I said welcome to the club, and ignore the screaming your wallet will be doing over collecting Valks. :rolleyes: Now forme to go and figure out how to afford my next one, maybe I can sell a kidney or something. :p

So apparently one isn't enough, and I ordered a "Roy Focker" VF-1S, with a Super Pack and a stand.

You got that right Bro.

Often HLJ list stuff as discontinued when they run out and have not ordered a new batch. With Yamato and Hasegawa they often get told it's discontinued by the manufacturers even when they are going to make more. I wouldn't worry the 1/48 is too much a cash cow for Yamato to drop altogether.

Edited by big F