Zentraedi Warrior Skeleton - Cool figure?

miriya

Just watching some SDFM and took these photos of my monitor. I love these shots and was thinking how cool it would be to have a figure of this scene with the zentraedi warrior skelleton with his severed arm holding a minmei toy. Not a likely candidate I am sure but none the less a toy I would definitely buy.

post-4840-1194817420_thumb.jpg

post-4840-1194817444_thumb.jpg

If the matchobox Robotech toy was not so cheezy, I might try a custom mod. I wish there were better Zentraedi Warrior figures out there, or any other than the matchbox or harmony gold or whatever that crappy one was from the 80s. Which by the way I love and have. Contradiction? yes. I love that toy because I love the character (yes I know it is generic) design but I do not love the quality/style by which is was executed.

Someone has to come out with a zentraedi figure line. Maybe even in 1/60 scale? Bodolza, Exedol, Kamjin, Milia, Laplamiz, and of course the generic soldier which is such a great design. Any takers? Yamato? Graham? Anyone? Bueller?

If the joints were well hidden, I'd definitely pick up some female zentraedi soldiers/pilots. Miria, Chlore, some of the background soldiers/pilots from the FOTSW episode of M7, or some of Miria's wingmates. The Frauliene series would probably work well for that.

As for guy zentraedi soldiers, revoltech could be interesting, but I wouldn't buy. :p

If I were really creepy and had the time, and inclination, I'd make a full sized micronized version of that zentraedi and have it lay by the front door. :D:lol: I'd also put a plaque by it stating "tried running off with my stuff".

Yeah the G.I Joe/ Hasbro 12 figures would be about the right size. Dragon make some really good "Nude" figures that can dressed up etc. I did have a link to a web site where they did custom soldiers etc one guy did a Marine from BSG as well. Macross would be good especially Zentraedi troops.

I'm hoping Kaiyado will make these.

I have the 1/60 Quid Rau and while I appreciate the size - it's not that impressive a mecha... and would be better suited to the revoltech line...along with character figures.

But yes - a story sculpt of that scene is a dream :)

VFTF1

Am I the only one who thinks this is messed up? Not to rain on anyone's parade, but doesnt this sound a little disturbing? :huh:

I am surprised hearing that from someone with an avatar like yours. No offense. I think that your avatar is very original but a little disturbing too. I just really liked that scene in SDFM and thought it would make a cool toy.

Edited by miriya

I find this idea to be pretty tame. Then again after some figure pictures I've seen from some of the conventions in Japan, a lot of stuff is really tame. :ph34r: Besides, I find it to be much less creepy than that Nightmare Before Christmas stuff. At least the Zentraedi soldier is dead and unmoving, as opposed to dead-looking and singing and dancing. :lol:

i customized a 12" data to a zentraedi soldier years ago. it was never finished but it was turning out ok. i had a pic posted a long time ago standing with some 1/55's. those pictures above look funny. :lol:

I'd love to have the chance to design a whole line of dioramas based on SDFM. There's just so many beautiful images in the series, like the one were Misa is seated with Hikaru in the cockpit of the Skull 001 looking at the SDF land, or the classic image of Misa and Hikaru standing in front of the wrecked SDF-1 as it starts to snow. Too bad Yamato doesn't know I even exist :(

I'd love to have the chance to design a whole line of dioramas based on SDFM. There's just so many beautiful images in the series, like the one were Misa is seated with Hikaru in the cockpit of the Skull 001 looking at the SDF land, or the classic image of Misa and Hikaru standing in front of the wrecked SDF-1 as it starts to snow. Too bad Yamato doesn't know I even exist :(

So true! Those are fantastic scenes! Yamato!!! Look over here!!! We love you! Make this sh!t for us please!!!