The Anime Trivia Thread

areaseven

Id thought id let it go. oh well, lets see. can anyone here tell me the exact contents of the Punisher Cross?

There were two versions:

1st: rack of 5 semi-auto hand guns (all that is seen)

2nd: an auto gun (long section), top-short section held a rocket launcher (with vents in the long section), the two side sections seem to hold ammo

post-26-1068536684_thumb.jpg

I was looking for the calibers and such, and i do believe it was all one cross, the ammo is held behind the weapon. think about it this way, the cross is about 6 feet tall, so the gun barrel of the 7.62 machine gun takes up about two, the rocket takes up one foot, and the center part that links it all together about 6 inches. that leaves two and a half feet to hold ammo, about enough for a thousand rounds, in addition too the two extra rounds of rocket ammo, but the pistols take up relatively none of this space, beside the release mechanism. but since i don't want to have to make another Q, you can have it.

Edit: I believe there were two versions, but the second one had all of the features of the first, plus the gun and rocket. the first was kind of a stand in.

Edited by VF19

Id thought id let it go. oh well, lets see. can anyone here tell me the exact contents of the Punisher Cross?

Oh, and the gung ho guns are:

Midvalley the Hornfreak

Dominique the cyclops

Grey the Ninelives

Caine the Longshot

Raidei the Blade

Odai the puppetmaster i believe.

The gauntlet (brainfreeze) i forget his name.

And the spike guy. cant remember.

I think im forgetting two more.

Monev the Gale

Noone seems to have picked up the ball, so I'll go with an easy one.

Title and Artist of a song that made a direct anime reference in its lyrics.

Bonus points if you can quote the lyric correctly.

Easy!

Faith No More: "We Care A Lot"

line: "We care a lot about Transformers cause there's more than meets the eye!"

:D

One Week by Bare Naked Ladies (I only know this because I used to work with a guy that was an annoyingly big fan of this band)

JELEINEN's got it. - or at least had it first.

And the lyric is...

"Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon cuz that cartoon has got the BOOM anime babes, that make me think the wrong thing"

Take it away Jeleinen

OK, an easy one...

He he. That's debateable.

From Cowboy Bebop...

What was ED's real name?

Francoise Appledelhi.

What was her hacker alias?

Radical Edward, of course.

What was her full name (quoted by herself)?

Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky 4th

Sweet! Judging from some of the questions so far, I never thought I'd answer one of these.

Anyway, I hope this series isn't too new to be asking trivia questions for, but I didn't see any rules posted. If this isn't kosher, let me know and I'll ask something else. Ok, here goes:

In Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex, what does the text around Laughing Man's circular face say, and what is it in reference to?

Well that was quick. Estacado definitely got the text right - it's from Catcher in the Rye by J D Salinger. Here's a more complete version, for those who are interested:

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. That way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody. If anybody wanted to tell me something they'd have to write it on a piece of paper and shove it over to me. They'd get bored as hell doing that after a while, and then I'd be through with having conversations for the rest of my life."

Nicely done.

OK, estacado06479, yer up!

Damn, my next question was kinda answered, I was going to ask where the queot came from. I can see now that would have been way too easy. It has to be anime huh? That really cuts down on the questions I'd be able to ask, since I don't know that much about anime...

What is the english translation of the lead character's name from Wolf's Rain?

and for a little extra trivia...where does my avatar come from?

Edited by estacado06479

NO ONE?

damn, here's a hint, its one of the first ten episodes of inu yasha...like...where he gets the sword?

Well, I knew this, but didn't want to hog the thread.

Kiba - Fang

I dont know what your avatar is about, but how about the Inu Yasha reference instead?

"The Fang, the sword that can destroy a hundred youkai with one swing, named Tetsusaiga."

woohoo, 2 outta 3

but you did get the one that counted!

btw, the avatar is from the band Happatai, they sing that yatta song that had all of us scratching our heads. if you ever see the actual video, you will react much like beavis and butthead during a Cure video. "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (scratches butt)"

OK, so I guess the ball's in my court....

In Grave of the Fireflies...

In the first few minutes of the film, what can be seen coming out of the can of fruit drops when it hits the ground?

If you paid attention at the later part of the film, you will notice something very specific.

Sorry BTW for anyone who bawls uncontrollably at the mention of GOTF (like my wife :lol: )