Studio Half Eye

Valkyrie addict

Hello there, just a question, I searched but couldn't find, since I started my macross collecting habit about a year ago

why doesn't Studio Half Eye, Liquid Stone, whatever is called now, don't produce more of it's wonderful Macross kits?

I went to their website but my lack of understanding the Japanese language just made me turn around and run away...

Studio Halfeye still exists but they mainly concentrate now in completed products. I assume they lost interest in Macross items because they tackled nearly all of the available valks.

Liquid Stone from what I nderstand is now called Experten or something liek that. Before that they were called IHP. IHP release a host of fully variable kits such as the VF-1, YF-19, YF-21 and the VF-11 and also the Armour to accompany it. All I know is that Liquid Stone released a completed YF-19 about three years back and it created quite a stir, since it was so limited, only 10 made available and only through lucky draw, this kit changed hands for over $1,000 on Ebay and Yahoo Japan. Experten release their completed YF-21 last year or early this year, again limited and through lucky draw.

Resin kits are getting less common nowadays due to huge improvements on plastic model kits and the very narrow profit margin the sculptors make.