Inking Yamato 1/48

Revhard

Since it seems like you have access to warhammer stuff... get a little Chaos Black and mix it in with Future Floor Finish. There's no real need to water it down any further, but try to get the consistency of milk.

***EDIT***

Or in the case of a black/dark base color use the opposite color... Shadow/Space Wolves Grey or Skull White in that case.

post-4919-1186858509_thumb.jpg

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

I lOVE future, i was in to table top gaming for a loooong time and use it on all the stuff I painted, I have found for washes that a 50/50 mix of Future and distilled watercombined w/ future does really well. I pre-mix my future water in a little drop bottle then do a 50/50 mix of ink(the GW stuff) to my future water mix.

After you trace all the lins let it sit for about 5-10 min or so then wip it off, it should work well..

Also, I ahve been getting into oil washes alot lately too. Coat your model in Future, then mix up some nice quality oil paint w/ some Oderless Mineral Spirits, untill it is about as thin as milk, and do the same thing I described above.

You may not have to coat the toy w/ future first. but it couldnt hurt.

I just picked up the "Unleashed" version of Bumble Bee from the Transformer movie, I am planning on doing the same thing to this toy as well...

Ashton

• 3 weeks later...