Anyone use a PS2 slide card?

jwinges

I like the idea of a 'chipped system, as it keeps the unit looking intact and original. During the days of the VFX series, I just opted to buy PSX's from video game vendors who installed mod-chips in systems and then sold them that way. Also, these people would install chips in systems for a modest fee. Isn't there anyone out there that still does this?

Edited by myk

Well, thanks to Big O and the rest of the contributors, I found these guys: americanmodz.com

They sell pre-chipped systems and of course chip systems for that modest fee. Maybe I will get to play that Macross game after all.

I had the slide card...then upgraded to the flip top once I heard the slide card wrecks your system. I love the flip top. Its great. Makes changing disks a snap. And allow your to play backups of ps1 and ps2 games as well as imports. If you don't have a lot of cash go with the flip top no matter what.

I had the slide card...then upgraded to the flip top once I heard the slide card wrecks your system.  I love the flip top.  Its great.  Makes changing disks a snap.  And allow your to play backups of ps1 and ps2 games as well as imports.  If you don't have a lot of cash go with the flip top no matter what.

Just to clarify...using the Flip-Top case and Swap magic disk, you can play PSX import/backups in your PS2 and nothing else is needed.

Correct?

I had the slide card...then upgraded to the flip top once I heard the slide card wrecks your system.  I love the flip top.  Its great.  Makes changing disks a snap.  And allow your to play backups of ps1 and ps2 games as well as imports.  If you don't have a lot of cash go with the flip top no matter what.

Just to clarify...using the Flip-Top case and Swap magic disk, you can play PSX import/backups in your PS2 and nothing else is needed.

Correct?

I wrote this on the last page. I have a flip top

With a PS2 gameshark V2 ps one disc, I was able to play my burns of Macross DYRL and Tenchu Shinobi Gaisen. I dont know if it works with original imports since I don't own anymore.

The PS2 gameshark V2 PS one disc is a read only disc for PS one games being played on a PS2. It worked for my back ups of the listed games above. I'm not sure about original imports though.

Ok...just to clarify, The PS2 macross game will play in PS2 if your using either the flip top case in conjunction with swap magic 2.0. The slide card also works using the same disk. I got my slide card from tsinc99 and the box for the swap magic actually says Magic slide.

However, Like I said...I ditched the slide card because it might wreck your system. So I bought the flip top case without any disks. I just use the one's that come with the slide card.

The disks that come with the slide card are the same one's that you can get with the flip top.

So far I can play Macross for PS2 and I made a copy (with cdclone) of ONI to test the backup playing ability.

Both played fine. I also have some old PS1 backups that play fine. Haven't tried any original ps1 imports

Hope this helps

yea, if i had had the money at the time, i would've went with the flip-top case instead of the slide card, but later on when i do have the $$, i will get the case. The slide card is a major pain in the ass to use every now and then.

One thing for those getting the flip top case. The directions are a little confusing at one step. Thats the step of removing the little white spinner disk from your old case. I e-mailed the makers and they said to just pry it out with a screwdriver (the plastec is very flexible) However, before I got the return on their message I got impatient and just removed the black shinny disk on the top of the tray cover to get the white disk out. THe black disk is just held down by some glue so if your careful you won't break it.

ahh, so that's what it's called now! hehehe.

my ps2's been using that kind of system already (well sort of).

It's still a modchip based system, though it uses the action replay 2 software and a loader disc that fools the ps2 that it's a legit disc. Though unlike direct booting modchips, it has less soldered parts, though there are times you have to repeat the process of loading the ar2 disc.... and the timing of the boot disc.

the wonders of advancement in tech.... i wonder if my relatives in the us will buy me a ps2 when i go there on my summer break....

Edited by lt.eiji