Destroid Pilot Uniform?

Dax415

*here comes an avalanche of bs* :p

Actually, when you think about it, KingNor's theory makes much more sense in the context of the war. The SDF-1 Macross only had 212 Valkyries onboard during the outbreak of Space War I, yet had 587 destroids and 120 Ghost fighters. With the SDF-1 Macross basically fighting a defensive conflict for nearly the entire duration of the war, it follows that the destroids did the majority of the fighting. No doubt, this is why we see the destroid forces take such heavy losses in combat since they were likely the primary fighting force of the defensive war conducted by the UN Spacy.

Mwuahahahaha :):lol:

YES!

And let's be honest here, all the Valks were REALLY good for was clearing the way for a Daedalus attack. :p

Seriously, I like the idea. but given the destroids were restricted to operations on or within the Macross and the zentradi units were all spaceflight-capable...

The only ones I think were REALLY effective during the war were the Defender anti-aircraft guns(which were almost perfectly immersed in their element) and Phalanx missile drums(which were jury-rigged hacks intended to support the Defenders). The Monsters weren't fast enough for anti-mech combat or numerous enough for anti-ship combat, and the Tomahawks and Spartans were geared too far towards ground combat.

But with the animators focusing on the VF dogfights, there's no real indicator of how effective any of them might have been.

Heck, we never even got to see the Ghosts, and they should've been out dogfighting with the Valks.

• 5 weeks later...
This would make a great side story for the Macross series. Destroid Pilots...UN Spacy ('s) unsung heroes. ^_^

If Gundam can make 08th MS Team, then Macross can make 101st Destroid Platoon. :blink: I mean, seriously, just get a good script, (it doesn't even have to be originally made for Macross), whap the Destroids with powers that make this one particular group special (like booster-flight-vernier packs), and send 'em out into the middle of Space War I and let 'em have it out.

I personally love the idea of Destroid teams as an underappreciated resource. Again, if a freakin' Gundam [bleh] series can make me appreciate the value of GMs, then a quality Macross series can make all the doubters appreciate Destroids.

EDIT: Oh, and...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&id=40944

= "HAIL TO GALACTOR!" :lol:

Edited by Kamjin 639

so much of SDF-1 was wrapped up in hikaru, roy, max and [ben] that you could almost do what ever you wanted with the other units.

Whos to say that Global didn't send strike teams of destroids on small transports to do grunt fighting on enemy ships and supported by entire squadrons of valks? (unlikely but still, less far fetched than some other things that have happend since sdf)

If Roy, Max and Hikaru wern't involved it woudln't be in the show. Remember SDF was mainly about relationships, not war, so there could have been many a cool battle that didn't involve the stars or affect their personal lives that was simply left out.

Limitless possibilities. I'm just going to assume that because the SDF even had destroids denotes that they were definitely useful. I think they look kinda' gay as far as mech stuff goes, so I don't really care that much. But anyway, it would make sense they did more than get blown up until they began policing on Earth.

• 4 weeks later...