Any update on Yamatos revised Garlands?

Sam

Just was trying to find any threads relevant, but couldn't see anything new telling if Yamato have implemented better shoulder designs to stop breakage, or other improvements

Im really wanting one but have been turned off getting any of the first editions :(

any info appreciated !

I'd like to see someone cast resin shoulder replacement parts and sell to people (like myself :angry: ) who got shafted when they transformed their Garlands for the first time :angry: . I myself have neither the skills nor the know how to cast resin <_< and I'd be willing to pay for a pair of Garland shoulder replacements.

Edited by gerwalk25

Yeh, that set has the show and some artwork, bit on the expensive side for what it is, IMO, but was really hoping that there will be a release that doesn't seem to have the same probs as the first ones hey =/ Just the red garland, with the extra figure would be nice, but improved for play ! =)

hopefully someone will recast something gerwalk25, it would be a big seller for sure, which is the ultimatly sad part about it !

fingers crossed that some news comes that says 'heres the good, non-breakable from just looking at it ' version

I say sc**w the chick and wait for a real reissue of the Red version.

I think Yamato only holds back reissues for toys that really don't do too well: Escaflowne, Konig Monster & Q-rau come to mind - and all three seem lacking in one way or another. The Garland is more like the 1/48... almost perfect and massive top-seller if only they'd thought things out a bit more. If they'd really fixed the joints on the brown Garland, you know a reissue for the red one can't be out of the question. So I'm gonna sit tight and wait for the reviews. My heart is hardened.

For a different perspective, the CM's diecast Patlabor has been a revelation. It is definitely expensive and cunningly marketed to 'gouge' the fans (the 'dance of the heads' is so blatant). It's also slightly flawed in terms of the screw holes and hard-to-access cockpit slide. But otherwise, there are no SHOWSTOPPERS like breakaway limbs. This kind of 'profiteering', while not good for my wallet, I can at least grudgingly accept because of the perceived value.

Edited by drifand