1/72 Destoroido Defendarr!

captain america

Do you really dispose of the molds when they are done?

Yup. With each casting, the mold goes through a subtle, elemental 'breakdown'. You will notice that beyone stage 1, the halves will no longer close together quite the same way because the molds react with the resin and after a certain time, the mold "swells" and creates distorted castings. This can be very subtle depending on the shape, and generally not a big issue with small parts. However, with use, the inside of the mold will also develop texture and brittleness, and eventually rip or break.

I never let them get to that point; I discard them as soon as the castings are no longer up to my standards, or, like with the Defender, I know that they are still capable of a few more good castings, so I may keep them. The reason I toss pretty much all of my molds is that with time, you can accumulate a LOT of these and they take up valuable space and just plain create clutter.

Last call for these models. I'll be putting the molds into storage and/or tossing them by May 18th to make room for upcoming contracts.

Nah just toss em. Makes mine all the more exclusive :p

@ Captain : Sorry Captain, no offence intended...

@ HWR : sigh...I know just so much possibilities and so little time <_<

EDIT : youre remark kind of stuck with me. Rereading my question I think it was misunderstood <_<. The question was if there would ever be a second run of this kit...apparantly not :( Hence the 'recast'.

Sorry for the mix up I think faster then I can type so sometimes I forget part of a sentence...

Edited by jadefalconguard