VF-4 Help Needed Please...

trueblueeyes

Hi all! Haven't been around for a while, but I finally have some free time. I'd like to start building some of the kits I have bought but I need some help. Can someone please take a look at this page on Carl's site and help me figure out all the option parts (P-Caps, etc.) that are needed to build the IHP VF-4: IHP VF-4G. Has anyone built this kit? Any help would be much appreciated. And if someone can help identify and source the parts, I will make it worth your while.

Thanks,

Melissa

reid8163@bellsouth.net

Edited by trueblueeyes

I would contact vf_1s, who posted his amazing modded variable VF-4 in this section as well...

He did a wonderful job, but his is a different kit. It is the SHE VF-4 and not the IHP. Luckily the SHE comes with everything needed for assembly. My IHP VF-4 is a recast so I wanted to start it first before I take a chance at destroying either of my SHE VF-4's. ;)

I think I've got them figured out...

First is Wave's L-Joint 1 set (HLJ has the wrong image on the page). Interestingly, it also calls for some of the sprues from this set, specificly, the T-intersections.

Wave's Y-Hinge 2 is mentioned, but I think it only uses the sprues from this set. Apparently, they're 3mm thick, and the L-Joints' are 2mm.

It also mentions some Kotobukiya sets, but I'm kinda confused about them. It seems to call for sets 1 and 4 of some series.

I've got This set from the Evangelion VTOL fighter which I'm building now. It has all the parts used except for the PC-G, H, and J parts.

It looks like those parts are probably in Kotobukiya's Starter set 3, and if that's the case, the '4' on the instruction sheet would be a mis-print. It looks like there isn't a 4th set in the series.

That should be all of them. Hope this helps.

Good luck!

I have an original IHP 1/72 VF-4 kit and as with other IHP kits I have noticed that their instructions are not too accurate, so do not rely on them.

With my IHP 1/100 VF-11 project they stated the use of Kotobukiya joints, again ranging from sets #1 - 4, some indicating which size too. But as you try to build the kit you will notice that some will fit, while others do not :(

He did a wonderful job, but his is a different kit. It is the SHE VF-4 and not the IHP. Luckily the SHE comes with everything needed for assembly. My IHP VF-4 is a recast so I wanted to start it first before I take a chance at destroying either of my SHE VF-4's.

Ooooops, sorry then... guess I can't read. Hope you found what you needed for yours... can't wait to see pics! :)

• 3 weeks later...