VT-1 vs. VF-1D

Skull-1

The only sources I have are "Robotech-Based" so it would be a great help if anyone can shed light on the VF-1D and VT-1 for me.

1) Is the VT-1 in essence a trainer replacement for the VF-1D or do they have different missions?

2) Is the VT-1 unarmed?

3) Does the VT-1 have any inherent advantages over the VF-1D?

4) Where is the VT-1 actually based/operated? Non-combat areas? SDF-1? Earth orbit-only?

5) Are VT-1s *ONLY* painted Orange/Tan?

Many thanks in advance.

Here's my understanding of it:

1) Is the VT-1 in essence a trainer replacement for the VF-1D or do they have different missions?

I would presume the VF-1D still would exist as a two-seater fighter and would still have training variants as the VF-1D likely has some purpose beyond that of a 1-seater VF-1. The VT-1 is a strictly built training platform. It might work something like everyone gets their taste for the VF-1 in a VT-1 and then may move on to additional training in a VF-1D for eventually assignment to a VF-1D or that pilot then goes directly to a 1-seater VF-1 (like the VF-1J Hik trains in in the original series) or a VE-1.

2) Is the VT-1 unarmed?

Yes

Position of the instructor. Beyond that I would defer to the compendium.

4) Where is the VT-1 actually based/operated? Non-combat areas? SDF-1? Earth orbit-only?

Seems like anywhere there's an active force that may require new recruits there would be VT-1s.

I imagine if any Valk lends itself to non-military (in an agressive sense at least) applications it's the VT-1. As such, the trainers could be painted for whatever that other purpose would be. Are there squadrons of VT-1s with their own paint schemes? It wouldn't seem likely.

EDIT - it also seems like the VT-1 is the same platform as the VE-1 so you could just consider it a repaint with different internals/externals. There may be other applications using the same frame as well where a two person crew would be appropriate. These other applications could eschew whatever training devices are present for combat devices or something like that.

Edited by jenius

If the VT-1 is totally unarmed, what is contained in the forearm armor package? It looks identical to the Super and that contained missile armament I believe.

Also, what does the head sensor actually do on the VT-1?

In a pinch I am willing to guess the VT-1 could carry a gunpod, no?

The only sources I have are "Robotech-Based" so it would be a great help if anyone can shed light on the VF-1D and VT-1 for me.

2) Is the VT-1 unarmed?

Many thanks in advance.

Ummm Search function anybody?

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...=VT-1,and,VF-1D

That thread didn't get to the heart of what I need to know (no offense, but if you had actually read the thread in question before suggesting I go there you'd have seen that). Thanks for trying any way, though. =)

Edited by Skull-1

The compendium lists that when the VT-1 carries the Arm packs they have no micro-missiles equipped. The VT-1 seen in DYRL did not have the arm packs. A VT-1 could most likely be armed. Oddly enough the PS2 game gives the VT-1 micro-missile packs but no Gunpod. The VF-1D is also used as the Tutorial machine in the PS2 game. A VT-1 is probably capable of carrying a Gunpod as it does have hands.

Actually I did, and there are more than one thread in the search, some of which answer your questions.

In any case I think alot of your questions are not really fact questions rather continuity ones. "IS the VT-1 a replacement for the VF-1D?" is not the question, instead its probably more appropriate to ask "Did Kawamori intend to replace the VT-1 with the VF-1D?" much like he said with other designs coming from DYRL. Yes that brings up a lot of continuity errors, but as he said, its something around the middle.

That thread didn't get to the heart of what I need to know (no offense, but if you had actually read the thread in question before suggesting I go there you'd have seen that). Thanks for trying any way, though. =)

And you could have added to that thread, one of the many other threads, or posted in the newbie thread, but thanks for trying any way.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=15766

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=13554

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=4037

And let's not forget the one which is at the heart of the debate: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=7263