Why no Hasegawa Gerwalk Valkyries?

johnnyspud

Hasegawa are mostly known for their plane kit, so I guess their initial idea was to apply their detailing magic to what they do best, the fighter mode.

I could imagine that only popular demand "pressed" them into making their first ever robot model, the Battroid. But at the time they did these kits, they had already switched over to more fighters, the YFs fromM+.

From what I have heard the Gerwalk mode is usually the least favorite among the fans (not my opinion, though!) so maybe they saw better chances in marketing new designs instead of creating a Gerwalk kit.

IMO that was the wrong decision. With all the Fighter and Battroid parts already done, the cost of re-engineering some parts for a dedicated Gerwalk kit shouldn´t have been too high - and they could make as many versions as they did with the fighters to "milk the mold". Unfortunately, I have the feeling that they won´t go back to their VF-1 and surprise us with a Gerwalk mode some day. I even doubt they do it with the VF-0, even though that design has less built-in anime magic and they would not even need to "adjust" the proportions of some parts.

Of course I hope they´ll prove me wrong :rolleyes: