1/55 Bandai "J" Head Laser Recast - Anyone Doing Plastic?

Skull-1

Anyone doing slightly lengthened versions of the Bandai 1/55 "J" head lasers? I would like to get some plastic sets because the resin ones I have keep snapping. The problem with the stock ones is they are waaaaay too short and I don't have any spares to experiment upon.

Any help is appreciated in advance.

O.K. I'm a little unclear here What do you mean when you say "Plastic"? Recasts are usually made from Pollyurethane resin because it is widely available in the commercial marketplace. What other kind of "plastic" are you looking to get these things in?

P.S. You could always buy some Styrene Rod and scratch build your own.

Edited by Chas

*Bump*

Anyone?

Getting desperate here. :)

Maybe if someone was to make standard ones then at least you could have spares and somthing to experiment on.

I too need some and cant belive that there are only two MW members who need these.

Edited by big F

I have tons of resin ones but they are weak and break easily. Once broken they are almost impossible to repair.

Perhaps if the resin was reinforced with a thin metal rod from a paperclip or something then the lasers would hold up better.

*shrug*

I just wish someone could make some that are very strong.

Plastic seems to be the only way to do it but I don't know of anyone using plastic.

The resin that SILVERDRAGON used on his Ostrich recast was more like plastic than anything. If he could do some with that material I would be all over 'em! It was flexible and strong. I don't think they would break very easily.

Edited by Skull-1