Scale buildings?

armentage

I just finished building a 10" Eva injection kit (produced by VOLKS waaay back in '95!) and would like to make a small diorama base of buildings for him (her?) to stand in.

Can anyone suggest a favorite brand of scale buildings in smaller scales? (1/50->1/100 I figure). I know there are tons of buildings available in the larger "armor" scales, but not so much in the tinier scales that most anime kits tend to be made in.

My kit is about 24cm tall, and I've read that Eva's are about 40 meters tall, making my kit something like 1/160 scale.

Edited by armentage

Kato N-gauge japanese railway models

Japan Model Railways is a store in Germany with a wide assortment of japanese buildings in japan N-Gauge (1/150scale!!!). Many Godzilla /Gamera Gundam based dioramas are based on these smale scale architectures.

Examples for Dioramas Allthough these are Kaiju models it still is worth a peek. Some of the buildings are from KATO Models

This is what I started 9 years ago.Needless to say Istill haven't finished it :rolleyes:

post-1730-1163306989_thumb.jpg

post-1730-1163307032_thumb.jpg

post-1730-1163307039_thumb.jpg

post-1730-1163307047_thumb.jpg

Edited by TSP

What eva kit are you using there TSP? It looks great! Nice details.

Thanks for the info! I didn't know that 1/160 was N-Gauge. That makes finding ready made scenery a snap.

I build the LM non scale kit. These are about 14cm in height.

Aaaargh ! The bigger buildings in the Kaiji Dioramas were Tomix standard series skyscaper models. Looks like HLJ don't sell these. Guess you have to find a local model railway store for Tomy Tech products. By the way Greenmax made japanese electricity poles in 1/150. Also double sets of stores and office buildings for less than 15$.

This Page might be helpful

Man I wish those modern buildings were offered in 1/72 scale, or at least HO scale.

Japanse love small sized. They only made an ecxeption for Gojira and Tokyotower :lol:

Modern building are coming. Kibri and Faller offer some nice houses this year. The only problems are the costs. Kibri B8398 = 80€, Kibri b8399 = 100€, Faller 130932 ~100€+.

[attachmentid=37977][attachmentid=37975][attachmentid=37976]

I heard from a friend that model rails aren't very popular in the United States. Wish it would be like this here in Germany. Every model fair here has about 60% railmodel coverage. About 25% RC. The rest is normal Plamo. No Gundam, Macross, gaint robots, sci-fi ecxept for Star Trek and Star Wars.

post-1730-1163388336_thumb.jpg

post-1730-1163388347_thumb.jpg

post-1730-1163388426_thumb.jpg

Guest Bromgrev

I'm with Mech Tech, for those modernist Evangelion high-rise buildings, scratchbuilding is the way forward. Just put youself in Mies van der Rohe's shoes, think, "Less is more!", and away you go!

Japanse love small sized. They only made an ecxeption for Gojira and Tokyotower :lol:

Modern building are coming. Kibri and Faller offer some nice houses this year. The only problems are the costs. Kibri B8398 = 80€, Kibri b8399 = 100€, Faller 130932 ~100€+.

[attachmentid=37977][attachmentid=37975][attachmentid=37976]

I heard from a friend that model rails aren't very popular in the United States. Wish it would be like this here in Germany. Every model fair here has about 60% railmodel coverage. About 25% RC. The rest is normal Plamo. No Gundam, Macross, gaint robots, sci-fi ecxept for Star Trek and Star Wars.

yeah I've actually got the first two, but to really make a great city scene I'd need so many of those and they're fricken expensive. I need patterns or something so I can make a highrise out of sheet styrene.

I'm working on scale buildings actually made out of Drywall and plaster. It's easy to cut, and if you choose battle damaged buildings you can crack and chip at it to get incredible results. Only problem is your designs have to be a little more simplistic.It worked well on my city diorama I'm doing but I've also used it for the streets. Just cut strips and paint! I even was able to cut and chip Gundam footprints into it.