Guess who got a publisher!!!!

Knight26

Exciting news all. After resubmitting my book it has been picked up by a publisher for review and publishing. Now nothing is final yet I still have to review the contract, go through an editting review, get cover art made, etc... but it looks like inside of a year my book will be published. Also due to the copyright issues with Marvel still owning my original title the book's title has been changed to Blazer Force, as of now, who knows it may change during the editting process if the Editor thinks of a better one. The publisher is a Print On Demand publishing house, so the price may be a little higher then normal, but it will be getting an ISBN and will go on store shelves. As things progress expect me to put up a website about the book giving links to where to buy it as well. I am very excited as you can probably tell and hope that my fellow MWers will get to enjoy finally reading the book who designs I have been subjecting you all to for so many years.

And yes after it comes out I will sign any copies that are brought to any MWCon I attend from then on.

I am also going to try and negotiate allowing a friend to do the cover art, any takers?

Congratulations! I hope all goes well with the contract and editting processes. Hehehe, the cover art is a little rough, hard to give you any sort of serious advice other than you may want to try to make sure something unique or special about your work is involved in the cover art, something eye catching. For instance, if there were some mysterious "space crystal" or something that the story revolves around then have an outline of the gem behind the dogfight... Sex sells, if your protagonist happens to be female, dear god, get a really nice "strong yet femenine" character on the cover.

If you have anything to do with the cover art, be sure to come up with several concepts so you can look at renderings of different ideas and hopefully one will jump out at you.

Congratulations again and good luck with the rest of the process!

Yeah that was just a rough idea I came up with based on a single scene out of the book. I plan to send in many concepts for the cover art, and if allowed will see if I can get a friend or family member (my wife is an artist) permission to do the coverart. I can think of a couple of MWers that have stuff for me over the years who I would like to see if they were interested.

Belay my last all, I did some more searching and man it is a good thing I did not sign a contract with these bozos. I am going to wait on my other submissions, but these guys seem to me to be a bunch of scam artists, sorry for getting peoples hopes up, especially my own. Mods feel free to delete this thread.