Novice Panel Liners Rejoice - New Tool For Your Use!

Skull-1

Hobby Lobby is now offering a 0.3 mm Lead Pen. Previously the smallest I could ever find was a 0.5 mm Lead Pen.

So for those of you detailing Valks be sure to check this thing out. It's the perfect size!!!!! :)

same place and size that i found mine! it does work pretty good, although i sometimes feel it doesn't quite reach the bottom of the groove. my easy fix was to borrow one of my wife's emery boards and lightly rub the lead against it at a 30 degree angle. this makes for a super sharp chisel tip for all those tiny panel lines.

So these are *penciles* ? Graphite or some such substance? SWEET!

It is a graphite pen technically...

Some call them mechanical pencils.

I still use old school terminology: lead pen.

LOL

The box says, "Automatic Pencil."

HA HA HA!

Edited by Skull-1

• 4 weeks later...

Odd. .3mm mechanical pencils has been around forever. My first was from three years ago.

Where do you live?

I have never seen one smaller than 0.5mm and I have looked all over. It also says, "NEW SIZE" on the package. My thinking is it is a new product.

If this is old news for some then I am sorry--just trying to be helpful.

Edited by Skull-1

I call San Jose home, but I go to school in SLO currently. My first .3mm pencil was found at the bookstore in UCSB, actually. Still have it to this day. I use it for fine details in sketches.

It's a great find, don't get me wrong, but I just want to point out that it has been around for quite a long time, but it just might not be available everywhere.

EXO, hush, you.

I call San Jose home, but I go to school in SLO currently. My first .3mm pencil was found at the bookstore in UCSB, actually. Still have it to this day. I use it for fine details in sketches.

It's a great find, don't get me wrong, but I just want to point out that it has been around for quite a long time, but it just might not be available everywhere.

EXO, hush, you.

I still have mine from engineering graphics class in college, rarely seen lead refill sold around where I live however.