Scramble(d) Valkyrie VF-1SOL artwork?

grebo guru

Hey all,

I've seen three nice pieces of color artwork here for the VF-1SOL. Fab stuff. I remember seeing the CG animated commercial and I was highly impressed.

Is there any line art anywhere for the VF-1SOL? I saw a posting by Nanashi about the VF-1SOL, but since his site doesn't seem to be open I can't go in and check.

Oh, one more thing: it seems that everyone around here tends to call the game "Scrambled Valkyrie", but the katakana for the game's title quite clearly does not have the "d" (well, it would be "do" in Japanese, but anyway). The game's name, really, would be more accurately romanized as Scramble Valkyrie. Which sounds a lot better to my ears... A Valkyrie which takes off in a hurry, rather than a Valkyrie that's all mixed up.

Grebo

Oh, one more thing: it seems that everyone around here tends to call the game "Scrambled Valkyrie", but the katakana for the game's title quite clearly does not have the "d" (well, it would be "do" in Japanese, but anyway). The game's name, really, would be more accurately romanized as Scramble Valkyrie. Which sounds a lot better to my ears... A Valkyrie which takes off in a hurry, rather than a Valkyrie that's all mixed up.

Grebo

On the other hand...

[attachmentid=37616]

The game's actual title screen says Scrambled Valkyrie in english.

It's header says "Shooting Macross" though. Thank goodness THAT didn't make it as an official title.

post-720-1162256960_thumb.jpg

Yes, thanks, I read that thread already. I didn't notice any mention of the "scrambled" vs "scramble" issue (though I may have missed it). My main question, however, regards the question of line art for the VF-1SOL. Anyone know where I can find it? (If it exists.)

10-Q.

There's a pretty entertaining thread from the end of 2003 about this game:

Thread

Yes, thanks, I read that thread already. I didn't notice any mention of the "scrambled" vs "scramble" issue (though I may have missed it). My main question, however, regards the question of line art for the VF-1SOL. Anyone know where I can find it? (If it exists.)

10-Q.

Tough question. I really don't know if it exists in published form. If anywhere, you'd probably find it in a game or hobby magazine from the time. Possibly even an ad.

I wonder if anyone has the manual to scan?

Tough question. I really don't know if it exists in published form. If anywhere, you'd probably find it in a game or hobby magazine from the time. Possibly even an ad.

I wonder if anyone has the manual to scan?

The lineart of the VF-1-SOL is not in the Scrambled Valkyrie booklet. AFAIK, the only lineart shown was on a Japanese flyer for the game. I have a picture of the flyer somewhere around here, but it's resolution isn't good enough to make out fine details.

Nanashi actually has the original flyer, scanned it in, cleaned it up in PS and posted it here. It was a fine piece of work, but went down with his site. Hopefully someone here saved it to their hard drive.

I have it, but I can not pull the image from the page that I saved. Nanashi had a thing about saving images from his site.

If you saved the page, the image is sitting unprotected in a directory with the name of the HTML file.

He employed a few "cute" tricks with his pages that provided minimal deterrent and signifigant annoyance.

Heck, worse comes to worst, you can just print-screen the page and paste it into Paint or something.

There's really no effective way to stop someone from "stealing" images off your site. If they can be viewed, they can be "stolen."

If you saved the page, the image is sitting unprotected in a directory with the name of the HTML file.

He employed a few "cute" tricks with his pages that provided minimal deterrent and signifigant annoyance.

Heck, worse comes to worst, you can just print-screen the page and paste it into Paint or something.

There's really no effective way to stop someone from "stealing" images off your site. If they can be viewed, they can be "stolen."

I had it saved as an .mht file. So I had to re-save it as an .html. The image showed up as a .tmp file which i then opened with paint and re-saved it as a .jpg. It lost a little resolution though.

I had it saved as an .mht file. So I had to re-save it as an .html. The image showed up as a .tmp file which i then opened with paint and re-saved it as a .jpg. It lost a little resolution though.

Ah.

Could've just changed the extension on the tmp, if I had to bet.

I think it was a GIF originally, but Im not sure.

Either way, you got it out, and that's the important part.

Ohhhh BABY.

Thank you very very much!!! Ah, it looks better than I expected. Manoman...

Thanks very much to everyone!!!

Grebo

PS -- If anyone DOES actually have the flyer, I'd be thrilled to get a hi-res scan of the image. However, what has been provided here is quite beautiful. I'm thrilled!

That worked better. Did a little bit of clean up to the image.

Hehe, so you figured it out on your own :)

Yup, that's the image I was talking about. Though, I think Nanashi would have a cow that his logo was removed. :p Credit where credit is due, the original image was small and purple & white, Nanashi did scan it at a higher res and recolor it in the traditional b&w color scheme.

Aside from that lineart, the flyer is nothing to write home about. I'll post it here and at the MacrossNexus along with the Scrambled Valkyrie story once it's done being translated.

Edited by TheLoneWolf

Sweet! You rock, LoneWolf. And so does everyone else in this thread!

Hehe, so you figured it out on your own :)

Yup, that's the image I was talking about. Though, I think Nanashi would have a cow that his logo was removed. :p Credit where credit is due, the original image was small and purple & white, Nanashi did scan it at a higher res and recolor it in the traditional b&w color scheme.

Aside from that lineart, the flyer is nothing to write home about. I'll post it here and at the MacrossNexus along with the Scrambled Valkyrie story once it's done being translated.

that thing looks like a hash between the VF0, VF1, and VF19 (feet and diamond force looking head.. i forget the variant name, and i'm to lazy to look it up ATM :p )

with some freaky deaky Mac7 Basara 19 sound booster looking gear popping off it in Battroid and a funny little gun...

drop that oddball gear, and that is one sweet looking little bird IMO!

shame it won't get a figure... or model... or anything... ahh well :p

Edited by GrimlockCW

I put Nanashi's logo back in. I will remove the image in a few days.