Neon Genesis Evangelion Death and Rebirth and The End of Evangelion dv

kyatsu

i went on a spending spree today and bought most of the dvds i always wanted. so, after i came back from the store, i opened up the eva boxset and started to watch it. is it just me or is the quality for the death and rebirth and end of eva pretty bad? did manga re-mastered it? if someone can answer this question, really appreciate it. also, i found out that manga re-mastered the macross plus ova series and i found it at fry's for 28.00 dollars ( i am not sure if this is old news or not, but it's new to me). kyatsu :ph34r:

Edited by kyatsu

Manga DVD's suck, plain & simple. The only thing I can reccomend is watching the subtitled side (without the dub commentary) as it's slighly better. Manga is actually supposed to be releasing the Renewal versions sometime next year, which have better remastered source material, but unfortunately, will still be subject to Manga's aweful disc authoring.

so, i just bought myself a farted up version, eh? damn, and here i thought manga got their act together. i will see if i can return it at bestbuy first thing tomorrow. thanks for the info keith. kyatsu

Manga DVD's suck, plain & simple. The only thing I can reccomend is watching the subtitled side (without the dub commentary) as it's slighly better. Manga is actually supposed to be releasing the Renewal versions sometime next year, which have better remastered source material, but unfortunately, will still be subject to Manga's aweful disc authoring.

man, tomorrow i will check the macross plus to see how the qualtiy is. manga said it is re-mastered, but i wanna be sure bout that. kyatsu :o

They lied to you. If you bought the boxed set, you get nothing but the same DVDs issued back in 1999. You can tell by the KISS and Everclear anti-drug PSAs on the Extras section.

I have a manga UK disc of Death and Rebirth, as usual everything could have been better. :p At least I only picked it up for a few euros from Book-Off Paris (I don't recommend buying most things from there because they over-price things in general and sell used bootleg cds at full price).

edit: clarification about the cds

Edited by Sumdumgai

It's not just their old releases that can be messed up. Just look at the recent release of "Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro" special edition. In their infinite wisdom, Manga decided to replace the animation for the opening credits with a bunch of still images, just so that they wouldn't have to show the Japanese text during the credits, instead, showing English credits superimposed on the still images. :angry:

i thought the macross plus boxset quality is decent. much better than the movie. also, the first disc has a movie label on it, but it's false. man, manga is really sloppy or just dumb. kyatsu :huh:

They lied to you. If you bought the boxed set, you get nothing but the same DVDs issued back in 1999. You can tell by the KISS and Everclear anti-drug PSAs on the Extras section.

It's not just their old releases that can be messed up. Just look at the recent release of "Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro" special edition. In their infinite wisdom, Manga decided to replace the animation for the opening credits with a bunch of still images, just so that they wouldn't have to show the Japanese text during the credits, instead, showing English credits superimposed on the still images. :angry:

Ugh. So is the old dvd release worth getting instead even though its non-anamorphic?