How To Create Invisible Spoiler Text?

There is no spoiler tag. The recommended way is to just quotes and the color tags:

(Spoiler, highlight to read)

This is a spoiler.

[quote][color=white]<Insert spoiler>[/color][/quote]

I did figure out which color to blend text with the background color of boards, but A) it's not as effective has just using block quotes and B) the post with it was deleted from the Test forum already. I'll try to find a post where I used that method.

Just some background. . .

The spoiler tag is something we have over at Macross Nexus Forums (link). . . but to be honest, it's a pain to maintain. They are a custom hack that is manually edited into the IPB code and just about every patch for IPB (which happen once or twice per month) overwrites the files again. So, every time you patch, you have to go in and re-insert the code (about 20 lines per file, four or five files).

Best,

H

Found it.

/*
This works only when looking at the forum with the current skin. This color does not work in the post preview but will work when browsing the forum.
*/

Spoiler (highlight to read)[color=#EEF2F7] <Insert Spoiler text here> [/color](End spoiler)

I knew it was hiding around here somewhere. The problem is that unless you make note of it, one can very easily overlook the spoilers. Here's a good example. Sally sold seashells by the sea shore. : "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."

Edit: Find the spoilers and you will understand why this is not ideal especially if you do not make it clear to the reader that there are spoilers. It also hides text which could cause problems for the mods...

Edited by azrael